UKC

team on bulgy, sunday the 4th

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GraMc 05 Dec 2011
got a couple of decent photos of you from hoarmaster, let me know if you want a copy, good effort made it look pretty straight forward, how big cams do you need? the crack looked pretty wide!
 jameshiggins 06 Dec 2011
In reply to Ginger McGrath:

It was my mate Neil Adams.

Jim
 Andy Nisbet 06 Dec 2011

Very few folk have managed to place big cams, as it works in theory but in practise the crack is usually too verglassed. So most folk just run it out slightly, as on the FWA.
 Heike 06 Dec 2011

Great, I'd love some - it was Neil Adams and myself! We have got some good ones of you, too. Would you be able to send me some?

Hmmm, straightfoward is not the expression I'd use , was a bit scary as we didn't have any big gear....but I think a Camelot 5 might have helped .....then again the cracks were icy anyways.

Neil Adams 06 Dec 2011
In reply to Ginger McGrath: Yes, that was us! I've got a few photos of you guys too. I'm away from home at the moment but if you message me through this site, I'll send them through on Friday.

The crach is wide - Camelot 5 to 6 territory - but running it out wasn't as bad as I expected. There's a write-up here: http://scottishclimbers.blogspot.com/2011/12/battle-of-bulge.html
OP GraMc 07 Dec 2011
In reply to Heike: yeh a few of my mates backed off it last year due to a lack of big gear, i noticed you guys moved the stance so the belayer was out the way of airborne crampons!.
I sent you an email about the pictures but unfortunately due to my computer ineptitude i couldn't work out how to attach photos through the forum messenger, give us an email and I'l try attach the photos again.

Neil, looks like a useful blog i will be keeping my eyes on it!.
 Heike 07 Dec 2011
emailed you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...