UKC

NEWS: North Wales A55 Sport Developments 2011

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Dec 2011
Alex Mason on Release the Hounds 7c, Craigiau Gigfran, 3 kbInfo on new sport climbing developments close to the A55 in North Wales:

"The quiet backwater of Dyserth has been opened up as a climbing area with 3 new crags and 39 routes ranging from 4 to 8b..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65383

Luke Owens 06 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Mike has showed me round near enough all the new crags and I can say first hand they are brilliant. There are routes for everyone, I think it's just as important for new easier routes to be put up just as much as the hard stuff.

The effort that all the guys have gone to to bring us these new routes is incredible, I can't thank them enough!
christopher bate 11 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: The first edition of the A55 sports routes is good, really looking forward to the 2nd edition with the new crags and routes - well done guys, keep up the good work...
 doylo 11 Dec 2011
In reply to christopher bate:

The 2nd edition is twice as big with much better action shots. Enjoy
 Darrengold 14 Dec 2011
In reply to doylo: Can't wait for the update, when's it out?
 rockcat 15 Dec 2011
In reply to Darrengold: The second edition has been at The distributers Cordee for a week so I would have have thought that it will be appearing in the shops at any time now. It is 50% thicker than the first edition with 117 new routes, 6 new craqs and 8 new sectors at existing venues. The Dyserth area is an entirely new quality addition with 4 crags and 3 of them recently developed.
http://www.cordee.co.uk/A55-Sport-Climbs-det-15-96-293-9240.html
 Rich0777 15 Dec 2011
In reply to Darrengold:

The new edition of A55 Sport Climbs is in many of the outdoor shops now....
 Darrengold 15 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Cheers for the replies. I look forward to putting this to good use next year. I've checked out Dyserth falls in the summer, looked interesting. Can't wait for the good weather, and for the 2nd edition to drop through my letter box.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...