UKC

NEW VIDEO: Sasha DiGiulian Climbs 9a - Pure imagination

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sasha DiGiulian on Pure imagination, 9a, 4 kbIn October 2011, 19 year old American climber Sasha DiGiulian managed to repeat Jonathan Siegrist's 9a sport route Pure imagination, at the 'Chocolate Factory' in the Red River Gorge, Kentucky, USA.

Sasha's ascent is significant in that only one or two women have ever previously climbed at the level of 9a.

Keith Ladzinski and Andy Mann were there to catch it on video...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65425
 jkarran 08 Dec 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Wow, seriously impressive and a really nice video. Surprised this is being ignored!
jk
 gingerwolf 08 Dec 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: That is one hell of a steep route - well done Sasha!!
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Wow what an awesome acheivement. My fingers feel sore from just watching her, the sustained nature of that route must mean no/few rests during the redpoint! Go girl!
 Ben1983 08 Dec 2011
Wow, that was sensational.
 Fraser 08 Dec 2011
In reply to jkarran:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC)
>
> Wow, seriously impressive and a really nice video. Surprised this is being ignored!

Agreed, very impressive climbing and a good video, although I do think the Jonathan Siegrist one showed the route slightly better:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=424

I'm not sure about it being 'ignored' though, I for one hadn't seen this news publicised anywhere till today on this thread.

TobyA 08 Dec 2011
In reply to Fraser: God, my fingers ache just watching those holds! Very impressive climbing.

She seems very young in the interviews - just imagine how great she's going to be in 5 years if she keeps her psyche up!?

Great stuff, awesome climbing Sasha!
 Will Fuller 10 Dec 2011

Very impressive, but what's she ever done on grit?
 HeMa 11 Dec 2011
In reply to TobyA:

Sucks to be a few hours away form RRG and not have the possibility to climb there...

Oh well, Horsepen40 and bouldering for me...
 jacobjlloyd 11 Dec 2011
In reply to Will Fuller: This is fantastic! What an awesome achievement! But then, as Will said, her ticklist is skewed, something is missing. She needs to come to the Peak. Imagine the crowds that would come to see that!
 The Ivanator 11 Dec 2011
Chalk, blood and pink nail varnish is a winning combination
An amazing climb, awesome effort!
 jules699 11 Dec 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: This womans like a female version of ondra! Tall and skinny! V impressive...
 The Ivanator 11 Dec 2011
In reply to jules699: Reckon she just edges Ondra on the aesthetics front!
 kwoods 11 Dec 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Wow - really inspiring person and a great video.
 jwi 12 Dec 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Very very smooth climbing style, looks a bit like Legrande in his heydays. I can't really relate, since I'm pretty far from smooth, but it's pleasing to watch.
 Lord_ash2000 12 Dec 2011
In reply to The Ivanator: Maybe we should breed them to create a super climber for the future.
 GrahamD 12 Dec 2011
In reply to jkarran:

I hadn't realised until 5 minutes ago that Sasha was a girl's name interesting that she calls it a '9a' rather than '14d'. Something to do with Adidas sponsorship ?
 jwi 12 Dec 2011
In reply to GrahamD: US are moving towards the metric system
 GrahamD 12 Dec 2011
In reply to jwi:

Just when the UK are bailing out of Europe
 doylo 12 Dec 2011
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

He's old enough to be her dad isn't he!
In reply to jules699: Sure, if you think 5'2"(ish) is tall
 The Ivanator 13 Dec 2011
In reply to doylo:
> (In reply to Lord_ash2000)
>
> He's old enough to be her dad isn't he!

He's actually younger than Sasha!
Adam Ondra born 05.02.1993
Sasha DiGuilian born 23.10.1992
These two are set to be at the cutting edge for the next 10 years at least, unless like racehorses they get pensioned off early for breeding purposes!
 The Ivanator 19 Dec 2011
In reply to Lord_ash2000:
> (In reply to The Ivanator) Maybe we should breed them to create a super climber for the future.

It may be closer than you think:
http://www.sasha-digiulian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/DSC01608.jpg
Reckon Adam ought to have splashed out on a classier bunch of flowers if he wanted a second date though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...