UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Islands Part 3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Dec 2011
Islands Part 3, 3 kbHere it is! The final part of our three part video series on traditional climbing in the Lake District.

The series; Islands; Traditional Tales of Lakeland Climbing was put together by Dom Bush of Land and Sky Media.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65453

In reply to UKC News: Brilliant, really loved the story behind the footage in this chapter, Nice one!

Cheers again, for letting us watch these for free, Dunc
 andybenham 09 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: What a great little series of films. Very enjoyable. Just the right balance of climbing and insight into the characters involved and some very "real" climbing throughout; the sort of thing we can all identify with.
 psychomansam 09 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

great stuff,

thanks to all involved
 jacobjlloyd 09 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Some of the most gripping climbing footage i've seen
 biscuit 09 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Great stuff.

You've made me homesick for the Lakes for the first time since i left. People i know, places i know andsome top climbing too.

Thanks for making it free.

Hope the next film goes just as well - or better !
 James Oswald 09 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:
That was really beautiful. Thank you to Dom and all involved.
James
 Simmy 09 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic film, beautiful I thinks the best word for that.
Dom Bush 09 Dec 2011
In reply to James Oswald: Means a lot to hear people say that, I was really proud of this one and it meant a lot to Mike too. Thanks guys.
 wilkie14c 10 Dec 2011
In reply to Land and Sky Media:
Very enjoyable, onsighting E8 is something special in todays sanitised world
 Sam Yarwood 10 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Part 3 was beautiful. The mood and sentiment of it reminded me of Signatures, a wonderful movie about skiing in Hokkaido: youtube.com/watch?v=p0LjDFewj6E&
 pencilled in 10 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

That was as close to a perfect climbing film as I've seen. I truly enjoyed the way it effortlessly and beautifully captured the 'just so' pace and pulse.
 Tom Last 10 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Very, very, good - well done!
 ali k 10 Dec 2011
"The things you discover through it...travel...it's a reason to go somewhere"

Sums up perfectly what I most enjoy about climbing. Great film.
 liquid 10 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: the final film was so heart warming - thankyou
 Pete Graham 10 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Nice looking moves. Shame the line is never more than a reach away from hvs ground. Bit like that route Milk on Cream buttress.
 Michael Ryan 10 Dec 2011
In reply to Land and Sky Media:

As I saw the opening sequence in episode 1, there were several clips that made me think that this guy, Dom Bush, gets it,

Watching each episode has reinforced that feeling.

Episode 3 most of all.

Fantastic job Dom.

Do more please.

Mick in Slovenia
 Tim_C7 11 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Striking film, particularly the last part. Climbing I could identify with, foots slipping, climbing with gear in your mouth, properly captures what its all about.

It was funny, I watched Hugo in the cinema last night, which was all about humans having a purpose, like a machine, and how it was sad to see a human that was broken, not doing what they were meant to do. And then I watched this today, and the same thing crops up, in that climbing is what he was built to do, and if you don't do what you're designed to do, you can end up unhappy.
Removed User 11 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

There have been some really good vids on ukc, but these wee films, especially the last one, have probably been the best. More please.

Fraser 11 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News:

What an excellent wee film, I really enjoyed it. Very well done to all involved. Now I'll need to hunt out the first two chapters.
In reply to UKC News:
Lovely, I don't think I have seen a climbing film before that does such a good job of capturing the spirit of the climbing, the people, and the area.
Dom Bush 12 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Overwhelmed by the response to the films and very pleased that I brought something for everyone to enjoy...........and I brought peace and love to the UKC forums! Score!

Thanks everybody.

Keep your eyes open for more exciting projects this year, can't wait.
Go and 'like' the Land and Sky Media facebook to stay updated.

Dom
 Jack Geldard 12 Dec 2011
In reply to Land and Sky Media: I would just like to add a huge thank you and well done to Dom Bush of Land and Sky Media for this series of three films.

THANKS!

Great films, fantastic to have this material on UKClimbing.com where it can be seen by a wide audience. And great that the films went down so well too.

Good luck on your film projects for 2012.

Best,

Jack
 robandian 12 Dec 2011
In reply to Land and Sky Media: Dom relly enjoyed these films the last one especially as I used to climb with Mike in the 80's and recognise the depth of feeling he brings to the piece. Has Mike got a contact on UKC or if not can you pass on my email as I would like to contact him again. Cheers and well done.
 Leo Woodfelder 12 Dec 2011
In reply to UKC News: Great set of films Dom! I met Mike at the top of Shepherds crag, I think he was working the route in the film. He was a thoroughly nice chap and an inspiration! Can't wait to get out to the lakes again!
Dom Bush 13 Dec 2011
In reply to robandian: Thanks for your messages guys.

Robandian - Send me an email at landandskymedia@googlemail.com and I will pass Mike's details on to you.

Dom
 Jon Ratcliffe 15 Dec 2011
In reply to Land and Sky Media: Brilliant stuff, really enjoyed the films especially the the pace and theme of the last one. Good effort and great to see some Lakes action

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...