UKC

Portland Neddyfields Papoose V3??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 samparsons 12 Dec 2011
Me and my friend are locals to portland and mainly lead but thought we would go out for a boulder as i have wanted to so much since we came back from Fonte. Im not the strongest climber but am leading 6b's and can work a 6c on a really good day. So we went to neddyfields and had a little climb without a guide book and we got this one problem, when we got home i looked in the guide and it said it was a v3 which i thought it was quite low for something me and my friend to be struggling on and not finishing (we will be back to get next time the weather is good). Anyway was just wondering if anyone else has climbed it and how they found it?
By the way if your ever around that way deffently give it a go cause its so much fun!
http://www.rockfax.com/databases/results_buttress.html?id=294
 johnl 12 Dec 2011
In reply to samparsons: Hi Sam. Good to see you giving the bouldering a go. V3 is harder than you think, you would be struggling to find any F6bs with V3 moves on them and Papoose is quite an easy one at the grade. Keep working it you will get it soon, then try Stairway Direct and Diversion, both have a trick move but are much more representative of the grade. Give me or Josh a call if you want a spotter or some beta on the routes.
Cheers, John.
OP samparsons 12 Dec 2011
In reply to johnl: Ha cheers John yer me and pymn was loving it aprt from the next day we could hardly walk haha yer i will give you a bell when the weather is good again
 jules699 16 Dec 2011
In reply to samparsons: In my guidebook by CCG its got Papoose as V2!! I found the bouldering at Neddy a bit harder than elsewhere.
OP samparsons 28 Dec 2011
I got it done in the end was good but i think i was just a tad tired when i first tried it.
OP samparsons 28 Dec 2011
Diversion i found easy up till one point where i just cant reach my friend got it he is a bit taller than me but it cant be that as that would be stupid and what i read lots of people like this climb?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...