UKC

Harness Recommendations Please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ivanator 15 Dec 2011
After 6 years of faithful service from my Petzl Adjama it is looking rather battered. So the time has come to for a replacement. I am happy to spend up to £80 and want something that is suitable across disciplines as I climb Trad, Sport, Alpine and Winter. I have a few ideas, but was wondering what would the UKC wisdom on this one is.
Thanks for your thoughts, and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Ivan
 Chi Cheng 15 Dec 2011
In reply to The Ivanator:

hey man,

have you read this: http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Climbing-Harness-Reviews

Some nice reviews. I have just got a new r300 but all I do is sport and trad so no ice clippers. But a lot better than the Wild Country thing I had before and the the r320 I just replaced

Hope this helps.
OP The Ivanator 15 Dec 2011
In reply to The Ivanator: Thanks for the link, very useful and I hadn't seen that before. Judging by my own priorities I'm thinking that the new version of the Petzl Adjama may be my best bet again.
 Rich M 15 Dec 2011
DMM renegade, lots of gear loops and suitable for winter too... I love mine!
In reply to Rich M: I looked at these in a gear shop recently and it was another option on the shortlist, seems the DMM harnesses were not included in the gear review link above.
Think my choice is coming down to Adjama vs. Renegade.
 wilkie14c 15 Dec 2011
I've got a renegade too, nice harness and lots of gear loops <7> slots built in for ice clippers too. There is also a 'pro' version too - the renegade pro. Only difference is ladder lock buckles on the leg loops. Good harness
 stvredmond 15 Dec 2011
In reply to blanchie14c: I would go for the renegade aswell. having that amount of gear loops and the floating waist bands are brilliant features and help keep massive racks neatly organised with lots of room to spare. You cant go far wrong with DMM
 FrJ 15 Dec 2011
In reply to The Ivanator: Another tick for the Renegade from me - but I did find that different models fitted differently (I ended up with a small size), so my recommendation would be to try them all and see which fits best. My guess is you're hoping to be wearing it a lot.
 wilkie14c 15 Dec 2011
In reply to FrJ:
Seconded. I'm a bog standard 'L' size but the L size renegade is a bit slack while just wearing a teeshirt. Fine when fully kitted out for bad weather though
In reply to blanchie14c: Useful tips, thanks all. Think my waist is a less than svelte 35", but sounds like the M may be the right one to go for in the Renegade.
 jas wood 15 Dec 2011
In reply to Rich M: i have a renegade and it does all very well, i'd say if you do more trad and winter than sport also look up the bd blizzard which is very good harness.
In reply to The Ivanator: Very useful input, thanks again everyone, I have ordered the Renegade size M (£55 from Joe Brown). I have tried this harness on in a gear shop before, so feel confident enough to go for an online purchase!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...