UKC

Rab Latok Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbupflydown 30 Dec 2011
Looking at the Rab Latok Jacket, wondering if anyone owns or has owned the jacket, any reviews on this jacket or recommendations of jackets of similar price (£200-250) with equal quality, would be great.
 kyebrooks 30 Dec 2011
In reply to climbupflydown: which latok? alpine / trek or the regular one because one of them is 120 in cotswold at the min
In reply to kyebrooks: normal one
 martinph78 30 Dec 2011
In reply to climbupflydown: I just got a refund on the Latok Trek from Cotswold. Bought it as soon as I saw the price but it wasn't really what I was looking for.

I got a Mountain Equipmment Firefox instead. First time I've tried Goretex since my old paclite which has now given up. The gortex active is AWESOME! 100% breatyhable, windproof and waterproof. It had two days of testing this week and was brilliant. Maybe a bit light weight though. I did like the look of the ME Morpheus jacket which is harder wearing I think.

Mine:

http://www.theepicentre.co.uk/catalogue/mountain-equipment/firefox-jacket

They were doing 25% off Mountain Equipment in store
 mlmatt 31 Dec 2011
In reply to climbupflydown:

Having owned a Rab Latok Alpine for about 6 year I'll say that it started off as an excellent piece of kit. Very waterproof, simple and pretty breathable (though not 100% breathable). Sadly however the Event fabric it's made of seem to need alot of care and attention in the form of washing and then reproofing. This gets expensive over the long term and I can't be arese with the hassel of reproofing my jacket all the time basically.

Just for you're information I've got a Gore-tex proshell jacket made by outoodr research with is fantastic but does need a little looking after retreatment wise. I also own a paramo aspira smock, which seems pretty bombproof. It's not the most waterproof jacket, but magically drys and I've yet to need reproofing it.
In reply to mlmatt: Cheers, ive heard a few comments about e-vent not being brilliant might take a look at the paramo gear see how it compares up with prices etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...