UKC

Anyone done the Everest Basecamp Trek with Action Challenge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martinph78 30 Dec 2011
Just looking for recommendations regarding Action Challenge for basecamp treks if anyone has used them? Experiences good or bad!
 Lee Sutcliffe 30 Dec 2011
In reply to Martin1978:
You can do an Everest base camp trek on your own without a tour company. The route is really clearly laid out. Gear such as down sleeping bags etc can be hired in Kathmandhu if you need anything.
OP martinph78 30 Dec 2011
In reply to leeplastic: I do prefer the sound of that and would certainly research the diy option before commiting to anything. Never used a tour company before.

Shouldn't need to hire any gear, have everything I need.

Cheers, Martin
In reply to Martin1978:

PM me if you want any info about DIY'ing it - I did it earlier this year with a friend. We hired a local sherpa to help carry gear and I'm still in touch with him if you want his details (I would say taking a sherpa really adds to the experience, they know all the families along the route and the best places to stay!)
OP martinph78 31 Dec 2011
In reply to roxyroundtheworld: Thanks, I shall do some research then drop you an email, I'd definiately prefer a recommendation before hand

It's a long way off yet, but hoping for 2013 if I can raise enough funds.

Thanks, Martin
Kingy 31 Dec 2011
In reply to Martin1978: I was planning an everest base camp trip in 2013 with a mate but it looks like he will be unable to do it, Its a long way off but if you want some company to go there i will be going in 2013 at some point.
OP martinph78 31 Dec 2011
In reply to Kingy: Sunds like an option. I really need to spend the first half of the year sorting out finances etc, doing some planning, and see where I am in the summer before committing to anything though. Will keep in-touch though as things progress.

Cheers, martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...