UKC

Conditions on the CMD Arete

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neilday 31 Dec 2011
Hi everyone

Im coming up to Fort William Monday was looking at doing Ben Nevis via the CMD arete has anyone been up there last few days and could tell me what the conditions are like. I'm keeping track of the SAIS and MWIS forecasts as well but nothing better than first hand knowledge from somebody with feet on the ground.

Cheers Neil
In reply to Neilday:
It was in good condition today, saw several ascents. Everthing on the ridge was frozen in place as we went accross.
Here are a couple of pics.
http://guysteven.blogspot.com/2011/12/cmd-arete.html
OP Neilday 31 Dec 2011
In reply to highclimbingguy: cheers Guy much appreciated not sure if you will remember but I was part of the Met group you took on the winter skills course in January 2010. I see you have used our photo on your winter courses page on your web site !!! Hope all is well mate.
In reply to Neilday:
I do remember very well. I still have the tshirt you guys gave me at the end! Hope you manage to get out, weather is a bit up and down at the moment. If you want any advice, or conditions update, just drop me a line and i'll be happy to pass it on. Happy new year by the way! Pass my regards to the rest of the team if you see them.
 67hours 01 Jan 2012
In reply to Neilday: I did the CMD Arete with a few others - descended from the Ben and then walked off the end to the North Face car park. A fair bit of powder on there, but almost no neve. Turf was mostly frozen. Will no doubt change tonight/tomorrow as the freeze arrives. Plenty of snow in the descent into the valley too, was rolling around in powder in the dark!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...