UKC

Top 100 Posters for 2011

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Forums 01 Jan 2012
Happy New Year to you all!

Due to popular demand, we've compiled a list of the top 100 posters for the whole of 2011.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/top100.html

Who will be at the top of the leaderboard in 2012?

See http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=439994 for last year's discussion.

In reply to UKC Forums: interesting to compare to 2007. CJD won that year with a lead of 2105 messages over the person in second place. Dominion got 2637 in total and was 24th.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=278089

Bruce Hooker in 2008 wrote 380,000 words.
 lost1977 01 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC Forums:

Sutty is still at 32 not bad considering he has been banned for 6 months
 Ava Adore 01 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC Forums:

Made the cut. So excited
In reply to Ava Adore:

aren't 'Down the Pub' messages not counted anymore when in 2007 they were?
 Padraig 01 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC Forums:
I think a list of "posters we lost in 2011" would also be good.
 The Ivanator 01 Jan 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:
> (In reply to UKC Forums)
>
> Made the cut. So excited

Made the cut. So ashamed!
New Year's resolution waste less time on UKC, I'm not making a great start.
 Fluvial 01 Jan 2012
In reply to The Ivanator:

I didnae make it!!

I feel almost absolved
 Andy Mountains 01 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC Forums:

98th. Was very suprised (& somewhat ashamed) to make the cut.
In reply to UKC Forums: Shit, my name is on the list. New Year's resolution - nickinscottishmountains will get a life!
Removed User 01 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC Forums:

Well FMOB, I'm on the list. Quite happy with that really.
 wilkie14c 01 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC Forums: If I actually go out climbing once in a while I may not bang out 84000+ words on here. number 22. I need a bit more life
 Offwidth 02 Jan 2012
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): Down the pub used to be the same as off belay once. There are lots of new forums that should have attracted skiers hillwalkers etc. The climbing forums part of the site are clearly much less popular than they once were.
In reply to Offwidth:
> (In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC)) Down the pub used to be the same as off belay once.

Correct but slightly misleading. What is now Down the Pub used to be called The Chat Room. Threads on DTP (and previously on TCR) are deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity and don't count in the stats and never have.
A year or two ago (I forget) we renamed The Chat Room as 'Down the Pub' and renamed the old 'Down the Pub' as 'Off Belay' whilst essentially keeping the same forums going.

> There are lots of new forums that should have attracted skiers hillwalkers etc. The climbing forums part of the site are clearly much less popular than they once were.

This isn't reflected in the stats we have. The number of posts on the climbing-related forums has been largely static for the last two years. The views on articles and news are growing significantly year-on-year so you could argue that more users are reading more and posting less.

Alan
 The Pylon King 02 Jan 2012
In reply to UKC Forums:

Shit, i have wasted 21,418 words
 Offwidth 02 Jan 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

You can show the climbing forums are read much more than they used to be to counter the big drop in posts and word count???

I'd be surprised if the site stats were not up as the articles and news have much improved over the last 5 years, however, I'd also be very surprised if the climbing forum stats are anything other than noticably lower. I made the top 10 !?

Offwidth 02 Jan 2012
In reply to Offwidth:

Forgot to add the logbooks, photos etc are increasingly useful as well. As I mainly use the climbing forums I'd always rather they were busier and the debates of better quality.
 The Lemming 02 Jan 2012
> (In reply to Offwidth)
> [...]
>
> What is now Down the Pub used to be called The Chat Room. Threads on DTP (and previously on TCR) are deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity and don't count in the stats and never have.

Virtually all my posts are in the pub forums, however I still pop up in the Top 100 and from time to time the Top 40.

If I only live in the pub forum, shouldn't I not exist on any of the stats?
In reply to Offwidth:
> You can show the climbing forums are read much more than they used to be to counter the big drop in posts and word count???
>
> I'd be surprised if the site stats were not up as the articles and news have much improved over the last 5 years, however, I'd also be very surprised if the climbing forum stats are anything other than noticably lower. I made the top 10 !?

We have many more people posting less than they used to, which for forum traffic keeps it about level. The Top 100 chart is a very bad measure of this since this only measures the most prolific posters who have, it appears, become less prolific than they used to.

Alan
 Offwidth 02 Jan 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Im not convinced. What are the annual postings on the most popular climbing forums, especially Rocktalk, Rock Destinations and Winter Climbing or comparitive monthy postings on those forums between now and 2007? Like I said you have lots of new non-climbing forums and you need a lot of new climbing posters to match the volume of one unbanned Sutty!
 Ava Adore 02 Jan 2012
> (In reply to Offwidth)
> [...]
>
> What is now Down the Pub used to be called The Chat Room. Threads on DTP (and previously on TCR) are deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity and don't count in the stats and never have.

Yeah, cos if they did, I'd be top of this chart. Oh yes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...