UKC

Alpkit jeans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 WILLS 04 Jan 2012
Have they stop selling these? If so why? Are they coming back? Can't find any info on their site.
 Tom Last 04 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS:

Seem to remember reading they're all gone and not coming back. Bit of a shame, particularly as there seems to be some demand.
 Graham T 04 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS:
I emailed them about that, if I remember right it was due to some issues at the factory producing the epic fabric. Not exactly the nicest place to work or something along those lines
 Tom Last 04 Jan 2012
In reply to Graham T:

It's a pity then that they can't just have them produced from a different fabric, as the Epic stuff was frankly, far from epic in its supposed waterproof qualities. It was the cut that was the best thing about them.
 FrankBooth 04 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS:
not as street-cool but M&S do a fair line in weatherproof jeans
 Graham T 04 Jan 2012
In reply to Southern Man:
Agreed, the cut was great and I would be happy enough getting normal jeans with that cut. ALPKIT....... If you are listening
 Tom Last 04 Jan 2012
In reply to Graham T:

I'll email them if you do!
 Graham T 04 Jan 2012
In reply to Southern Man:

Will try to remember to do so tomorrow then
 Tom Last 04 Jan 2012
In reply to Graham T:

Good man, I'll do the same.
2xw 05 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS: So.... has anyone tried reproofing theirs?!
 Joez 05 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS:

I'd buy another pair if just for the cut too - doesn't matter about waterproofness. My pair are in a pretty poor state (on account of me wearing them so much)
 remus Global Crag Moderator 05 Jan 2012
In reply to LittleJoe: Same here.
 DreadyCraig 05 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS:
Im not bothered about the waterproofing on my alpkit jeans, it's not particuarly effective after the first wash. I'd buy a pair of normal denin in the same cut from Alpkit.
The cut is fab though, mine are now patched up as I love them so much. Pockets could be a little bigger though.
 Tom Last 05 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS:

Have emailed Alpkit, pointing them at this thread.

If you support the notion of Alpkit re-issuing the jeans in another ordinary denim, thus bypassing their excellent stance of the ethics of their former supplier, then maybe this would be a good opportunity to make that known
 mattrm 05 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS:

I have a pair of epic jeans from Howies, they're pretty crap. I'd buy normal jeans from Alpkit tho, did buy some in the sale, but they didn't fit my fat arse.
OP WILLS 05 Jan 2012
In reply to Southern Man: I to would buy these jeans just for the cut and that they had them in my size. Long legs you see. Had to throw
Mine out, just too many patches. They were really comfy. If you want to reproof them just spray that nikwax stuff on them. Did the job for mine.
specialjay 05 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS: I work for Alpkit - I usually post under the username Alpjay but it doesn't seem to be working currently.

The Alpkit jeans were a good investment and a lot of the staff here continue to wear theirs, for all the reasons you have mentioned above. Unfortunately due to the factory having financial problems and the Jeans we did have coming with the wrong size labels and in some cases an odd size we have chosen not to continue selling them in this style.

We however have not ruled out producing more Jeans waterproof or not, a large amount of product development is underway with a large number of new products in the future, similar to other outdoor manufacturers, we are slightly smaller than most though!

For everyone who owns a pair of the Jeanius Jeans, even after a good few years personal use my Jeans have retained some waterproofing. However the majority has worn away, the jeans do dry a lot quicker than any other jeans I have and are a lot more comfy.

I have a pair or two I have re-proofed, the first I haven't worn as much and with a quick wash and a short spin in the tumbledryer, followed by ironing the waterproofing comes back. The second pair which I have used a lot more I have put in the wash with 'Nikwax' Waterproofing wash, and after a few uses I've used the waterproof spray. This has kept them as good as they were before, but still not as good as a brand new set of waterproof trousers.

Hope this has helped and cleared up a few things - any more questions don't hesitate to post on here or drop us an e-mail - support@alpkit.com

Jay
 fire_munki 05 Jan 2012
In reply to WILLS:
I need some more jeans, so c'mon Alpkit!
 Tom Last 05 Jan 2012
In reply to specialjay:

Thanks for that Jay.

Look forward to the new products.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...