UKC

How do people carry their nut key?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Boulderdash86 09 Jan 2012
Just want to get peoples views on how they carry their nut key - in pocket, attached to harness - mine is attached by a shoe lace to my harness, anyone got one of those leash things????
 rockcat 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86: On a short piece of cord clipped to an old carabiner which I could use to lower-off if need be. Leashes are cumbersome and unnecessary.
 jkarran 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86:

On a piece of string and or a krab.

Pockets are for losing mobile phones out of and leashes/gadgets are something to sell not buy

jk
 CurlyStevo 09 Jan 2012
I like the modern nut keys where the nut key has an integrated biner, No need for any extra string / leash - can't see why you'd be any more likely to drop a nut key than anyother bit of gear, probably less likely than most IMO, would you want a leash on your cams / wires / hexes?
 Reach>Talent 09 Jan 2012
Clipped to my harness (it has one of those built in mini-snapgates in it). When I'm using it I tend to clip it to the bit of gear I'm working on so I don't drop either.
The Scarlet Pimpernel 09 Jan 2012

I have a valet follow me on routes, carrying the nut key on a velvet cushion.
 John Ww 09 Jan 2012

Oh for f@ck's sake!!!
 GrahamD 09 Jan 2012

I cut off the hook things (supposedly for retrieving Friends but actually beeter suited to snagging everything)then clip to the very back of the harness using an old krab which doubles up as a sacrificial krab for emergency retreats or in combination with prusic loops when all other extender options are exhausted. Never been a big fan of cord on nut keys personally as it always seems to get twisted or in the way.
 wilkie14c 09 Jan 2012
Metolious key with built in crab, handy for going light as no carry crab required. usually have key knife and prussic on a leaver crab at the back of harness bringing it a front loop when I'm seconding so its in reach.
don't bother full stop in winter, use axe picks instead.
 The Pylon King 09 Jan 2012

In my arse crack
 John Ww 09 Jan 2012
In reply to John Ww:

On second thoughts, you should get in touch with "a scottish guy", recent poster of this parish - you'd be perfect for each other!
 A Downing 09 Jan 2012

I bought one of these after trying a friends.

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Wild-Country-Pro-Key-Leash.html

I think it was only about £6 from go outdoors.

I would pay full price for it though if i had to replace it.
 stvredmond 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86: I carry mine chomped down between my teeth, alligator wrestler stylee.
 handjammer 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86: Cable tied to my right hand side pubes normally. This is easy to do because I always maintain a centre parting.

Failing that, on a 4mm length of cord attached to a krab on my harness.

Attached to a piece of cord which is wrapped around my testicles, John Redhead style.

Is this the most tedious question anybody has ever asked in the history of the universe?
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2012

I usually dress to the right
OP Boulderdash86 09 Jan 2012
In reply to John Ww: At least this has brightened up my day....keep it going people.
 John Ww 09 Jan 2012

You've not been captivated by "storing biners" by "a scottish guy" then?
 mlmatt 09 Jan 2012

On a spare 'biner tied to a 30cm lenght of 4mm cord I found at the crag one day.

No doubt after I have to leave behind the original 'biner I'll have to invent some other method for carrying it.
 metal arms 09 Jan 2012
In reply to victim of mathematics:

> Is this the most tedious question anybody has ever asked in the history of the universe?

A toss up between this one and http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=478510&v=1#x6594184
 d_b 09 Jan 2012

I sharpen mine and hold it between my teeth, then I swing into groups of other climbers and cut their throats. Survivors walk the plank.

Yarrr!
 csw 09 Jan 2012
> Just want to get peoples views on how they carry their nut key - in pocket, attached to harness - mine is attached by a shoe lace to my harness, anyone got one of those leash things????

You only carry one? - isn't that a little reckless?
 jonnie3430 09 Jan 2012
In reply to davidbeynon:
> (In reply to Boulderdash86)
>
> I sharpen mine and hold it between my teeth, then I swing into groups of other climbers and cut their throats. Survivors walk the plank.
>
> Yarrr!

Are you not meant to log on as the Capn before you post that? (I'll delete if the Capn comes along....)
 razzorbuzz 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86: I carry mine Assassin Creed Style via a retractile hidden sleeve on my arm
the real slim shady 09 Jan 2012
In reply to John Ww:
ohh burn
 Yanis Nayu 09 Jan 2012
> anyone got one of those leash things????

Yes, it's currently attaching a Latvian prostitute to my bed.
 Tomar 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86: Between my teeth ready for deployment
 john_mx 09 Jan 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86: yes I've got a springy cord on mine I just clip it to the back gear loop on my harness and it's out my way as climb
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2012

Broddling? That's a seconds job isn't it?

It's therefore of no interest to me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...