UKC

rock shoes for skinny/shallow feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peter.herd 14 Jan 2012
Looking for a pair of technical shoes for bouldering/trad. Have been using evolv royales for the past year but am struggling to get on small edges etc now that i'm climbing harder. I have really skinny/shallow feet and am struggling to find anything that fits me. Anyone recommend me a pair?
 biscuit 14 Jan 2012
In reply to peter.herd:

Ladies shoes work for me. I've got the LV anasazi velcros. Now they have stopped doing low volume shoes in neon pink it's a lot less embarrassing.

I've also found evolv pontas good - but only had the lace ups in those.
OP peter.herd 14 Jan 2012
In reply to biscuit:

tried the anasazi LV's and found the heel baggy, the pontas were again too big.
I've decided i'l take whatever, even if it is pink..trying to find somewhere that sells boreal after being recommended them
 Oceanic 14 Jan 2012
In reply to peter.herd:

Five Ten Sirens are good for shallow feet. You could maybe replace the laces with some in a more manly colour?
 neil the weak 14 Jan 2012
In reply to peter.herd: Sportiva Jekyll would be worth a try if you can find them somewhere. Narrow, pointy(ish) and lace down to near the toe. I don't particularly think of them as a "technical" shoe as such but they'd still be a big step up in toe shape and sensitivity from a Royale.
 Jack_F 14 Jan 2012
In reply to peter.herd: Have you tired any slip on shoes? I've just recent got a pair of Scarpa Instincts and they fit well on my skinny feet. I also have a pair of Rockettes which i find are really slim too!
OP peter.herd 14 Jan 2012
In reply to neil the weak:

I'l try find them, thanks. Pretty sure i could climb harder in my winter boots than in my royales...
 karen2 14 Jan 2012
In reply to peter.herd:
I am a female with very narrow feet...I have used the female anasazi LVs, the five ten anasazi mocasyms and the five ten gambits and find the mocasyms are better for narrower feet (the anasazis have a wider heel area and the gambits are no longer made unfortunately)

Skyfall 14 Jan 2012
In reply to peter.herd:

I have quite narrow feel/heel and have found that lace ups are better on the whole. The 5-10 anasazi greens (the 'new' pinks) fit particularly well. I'd try a pair on if you haven't yet. The 5-10 velcro slippers tend to fit wider feet better and I don't get on with them.

The only velcros that work for me currently are the Katanas - maybe also worth a shot but I think they are a bit wider than the 5-10 greens.
 IainAM 14 Jan 2012
In reply to peter.herd:

I'll second the scarpa rockettes, they're great, (although they take a while to break in properly and might be rare now.) The scarpa instincts also come in a lace version for tuning the fit.

It's worth looking at sportiva's miura lace too. The men's miura is a fairly slim fit, (i'm assuming the women's version is slimmer but you can't get that in the uk.)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...