UKC

No Schmoolz at Harrogate wall!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Vivian 17 Jan 2012
I can't believe it!! Apparently it down to insurance - well they need to sort out their insurance as most other walls up north allow them.
 tom290483 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian:

f*ck all to do with insurance. they just cant be arsed. which is why i spend my money at awesome walls and rock over.

Wiley Coyote2 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian:

Harrogate is a very good wall and easily the best managed in the northern half of Yorks. (Can't speak for South Yorks as it's too far to go to climb on plastic)
 Dazzle 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian: Head to The Leeds wall, they have a dry tooling area, routes M3 - M8 with no extra entry fee

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2699886628530&set=a.10953411158...

Can't argue with that.
Wiley Coyote2 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Dazzle:

Leeds would be ideal. It's so cold it feels like the Northern Corries too
 Bulls Crack 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

Agreed and there probably isn't space for a sensible DT area....if that's not an oxymoron.
 thin bob 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian:
personallty. i wouldn't want 'amateurs' waving sticks about anywhere near me...a separate area is a good idea.

Can you imagine insurance companies trying to wesael out od any claims? i can... Patience, Grasshopper, patience...
 Bulls Crack 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Dazzle:

Weren't Rokt going to put a tooling wall in one their silos?
 muppetfilter 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian:The idea of climbing with silly bits of plywood you have been daft enought to be ripped off £££'s for is like humping Liz Hurly with a strapon.
dan 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian: schmoolz are for people with no finger strength who want to look cool, like people who ride fixe bikes or that drive electric cars.
 birdie num num 17 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian:
My local swimming pool doesn't allow any heavy petting in the shallow end. Swiz.
 Harry The Owl 17 Jan 2012
In reply to tom290483: I think that it's nonsense about insurance... have you actually been to the wall? Any insurance company that DID insure for this wold be bonkers and asking for trouble. it's a great and busy wall with an easy atmosphere and great routes. Don't mess with the magic. It just wouldn't work.
 tom290483 18 Jan 2012
In reply to Harry The Owl:

strange that they let school groups go dry tooling at the manchester wall then eh......

http://andyturnerclimbing.blogspot.com/2011/11/training-plans.html

insurance my arse.
 nufkin 18 Jan 2012
In reply to dan:
> (In reply to Tom Vivian) schmoolz are for people with no finger strength who want to look cool, like people who ride fixe bikes or that drive electric cars.

Oh dear. Only the last of those doesn't apply to me...
 nniff 18 Jan 2012
In reply to dan:

You've not ridden a fixie then? As if I'm cool, on a fixie with a pannier, mudguards and lots of fluo yellow. Fitter than I used to be, mind.
 bigpad 18 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian: Head to Sunderland Climbing Wall this Friday!!!They have big events on for drytooling and schmoolz. Pritty sure it starts at 6 but give them a ring they are great help, plus one of the people who helped with the making of the schmoolz is there.
fil-p 19 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian: Can't use them at city bloc either. Glad Leeds does tooling and allows schmoolz's on bouldering wall too
Wiley Coyote2 19 Jan 2012
In reply to Tom Vivian:

I asked them about it today. Nothing to do with insurance apparently. It's a space problem. It's a very good wall but not the most extensive in the world - or even Yorkshire - and what space they have they are using for their core market, which makes sense to me.
 3leggeddog 20 Jan 2012
In reply to muppetfilter:
> (In reply to Tom Vivian)The idea of climbing up silly bits of plywood you have been daft enought to be ripped off £££'s for is like humping Liz Hurly with a strapon.

Fixed it for you, you just described indoor climbing in all its forms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...