UKC

Rab Neoshell Jacket - Opinions please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Katherine Ross 25 Jan 2012
I'm considering buying one of the new Rab Neoshell jackets after it kept a friend dry all day in wet and very windy Glen Coe at New Year while most of us got damp and cold. However, it's a lot of money and I'd like a few more opinions. How breathable is it? Did you miss having pit zips? How durable does it feel? Any views welcome.

Many thanks.
 Jonay 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Katherine Ross: Apprently one of the most breathable - competitive with GoreTex activeshell, the only downside everyone is saying is the lack of handwarmer pockets.

Styx 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Katherine Ross: I have one and I'm very happy with it. It's noticeably more breathable than my old Gore-Tex Pro Shell jacket, seems tough so far and no, I definitely don't miss pit zips, they're not needed on a jacket this breathable.

The lack of decent pockets is a bit of a pain in the arse but it's not THAT annoying, I'm usually wearing gloves if I'm wearing this jacket anyway.
 Col Kingshott 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Katherine Ross: The jacket and fabric are good and and feel pretty durable. Pit zips are not missed, they don't ventilate particularly well when wearing a rucksack anyway. Not impressed with the hood though. I used it in some pretty windy winter weather (damp snow and ice forming on windward side of person/kit)and the elastic kept slipping back through the toggles, which was more than a little annoying. A hood is supposed to keep the weather out and this one definately did not.

Col.
 George Fisher 25 Jan 2012
In reply to Katherine Ross:

I like mine.

I like to close fit and longish arms so I could size it to fit snug down and not get cold wrists
Can comment on durability yet
It's waterproof
breaths well, very well. Don't miss pit zips
Decent hood, plenty of room for a helmet, maybe a bit too big if anything
I don't miss hand warmer pockets but you might if you wore it more casually

I saw it for £170 in Outside - Hathersage after I payed £200.
In reply to Katherine Ross: Thanks guys! I've decided just to go for it. I can get 15% off at Cotswold so it's a little less painful!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...