UKC

Tremadog & Eric's cafe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam Beaton 30 Jan 2012
I haven't been to Tremadog for years but am planning to go on the last weekend of Feb.

Is it still possible to turn up at midnight, put the tent up in the field behind Eric's cafe and pay in the morning?

Also, what time does the cafe open on Sat and Sun mornings at this time of year?

cheers

Sam
 wilkie14c 30 Jan 2012
In reply to Sam Beaton:
From memory - I've not been treemudrock in 2011:

Camping yes, Eric will give you a kick when he's opening the cafe. Even if the bog at the back of the cafe is closed, there is a tap on the wall next to it for water. 6 inch nails and a hammer is handy as the camping field is very stoney.

Cafe, he'll be getting ready about 8.30 for opening at 9

Try the chippy in portmadoc a couple of rows back off the high street. superb!
 mlmatt 30 Jan 2012
In reply to Sam Beaton:

Febuary will be very cold! If you don't mind paying a single whole £1 extra you can always doss in the Camping barn (next to the Bromsgrove MC hut). There are toilets in there, and someone will either come round in the morning or you can just be honest a pay up in the morning.

Hope you have fun!
OP Sam Beaton 30 Jan 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

9 o clock???????

flippin eck. I'd better pack porridge and tea bags for a pre breakfast snack then

I now seem to remember the field being a bit on the damp side as well as rocky - anyone know if it is a swamp at the moment?

In reply to mlmatt:

again, I think I stayed in here once - do you have to book? is it easy to spot if you turn up in the dark?

cheers
In reply to Sam Beaton:

can anyone tell me if Joe Brown's in Capel Curig still does a good fry up? I see from their website they're open from 8.30 (that could sway it for me!)

and is there still a cheap campsite just a few yards down the road from there?
 SCC 30 Jan 2012
In reply to Sam Beaton:

The Pinnacle Cafe (in front of JB's still does fryups - not sure how good as we just had a sausage sarnie last time I was in).

We camped at Dol Gam which is a fair walk from there, but about 5 mins drive.

It would have been quite boggy, but it was pretty much frozen solid - so we were fine.

Si
 wilkie14c 30 Jan 2012
In reply to Sam Beaton:
If open you could consider petes eats bunk house. Warm, shower, bed, food.
 The Ivanator 30 Jan 2012
In reply to Sam Beaton: If open the fry ups at Bryn Glo B & B at the Betys end of Capel are far better than Pinnacle Stores. Think they open at 8.30, but best check at this time of year. Bryn Trych Farm has camping (and bunkhouses) year round in Capel and is well placed for a pint and an (expensive) evening meal at the Bryn Trych Hotel.
In reply to blanchie14c and The Ivanator:

thanks both
 David Hooper 30 Jan 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

Agreed -that chippie has won awards.
 David Hooper 30 Jan 2012
In reply to Sam Beaton: Sam if you are looking for a good fry up at Capel, the Bryn Glo cafe a minute past the Tyn y Coed pub is far superior food to the Pinnacle and the staff dont have an "attitude".
 Chris Harris 30 Jan 2012
In reply to mlmatt:
> (In reply to Sam Beaton)
>
> Febuary will be very cold! If you don't mind paying a single whole £1 extra you can always doss in the Camping barn (next to the Bromsgrove MC hut). There are toilets in there, and someone will either come round in the morning or you can just be honest a pay up in the morning.

Hot tip. Avoid Eric's barn in the autumn. The combination of acorns & a large corrugated iron roof make for a maddening sonic experience!

SCC 30 Jan 2012
In reply to David Hooper:
> (In reply to Sam Beaton) Sam if you are looking for a good fry up at Capel, the Bryn Glo cafe a minute past the Tyn y Coed pub is far superior food to the Pinnacle and the staff dont have an "attitude".

Cheers David - I'll bear that in mind next time I'm up that way.

Si
 Howard J 30 Jan 2012
In reply to Sam Beaton: I've never stayed in the barn, but my friends did while I camped with my family in the field. The general consensus was that ours was the more comfortable billet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...