UKC

White Stoat / Weasel? Llanberis Pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 02 Feb 2012
Spotted a white coated Weasel / Stoat crossing the road driving down the Llanberis Pass earlier this week. Not sure if it was a stoat or a weasel...any ideas?

Found this joke which doesn't really help !

Q. What's the difference between a stoat and weasel?
A. A Weasel is weasily wecognised and a stoat is stoataly different
bobbybin 02 Feb 2012
In reply to Sl@te Head: It's a Stoat, i saw one in Ogwen before Xmas, they're actually quite common, wonderful to see one though, the one i saw was at about 2000ft
In reply to Sl@te Head:

An ermine. That's a stoat in winter plumage. If you stitch enough together you can get into the House of Lords, or something.
OP Sl@te Head 02 Feb 2012
In reply to interdit: It didn't have a black tip to it's tail from what I remember.
 subalpine 02 Feb 2012
In reply to Sl@te Head: i spotted a dead stoat in a trap the other year- some of them so called gamekeepers should be shot...
 nniff 02 Feb 2012
In reply to Sl@te Head:

>
> Q. What's the difference between a stoat and weasel?
> A. A Weasel is weasily wecognised and a stoat is stoataly different

Yes, but what's the difference between them and an Otter? Well, an otter is otterly different.

What's a Chicken Tarka? Well, it's like a Chicken Tikka, but a little 'otter.

This isn't helping, is it?
OP Sl@te Head 02 Feb 2012
In reply to nniff:
> What's a Chicken Tarka? Well, it's like a Chicken Tikka, but a little 'otter.
>
> This isn't helping, is it?

One of my favourite jokes which is lost on the younger generation....
 Alyson 02 Feb 2012
In reply to Sl@te Head: So lucky!! I would love to see a stoat in its winter coat. I did see a stoat on monday but it hasn't been cold enough here so it was still brown.

I have to content myself with the comedy way my ferret gets a thicker, paler winter coat - it starts with her face, so for a while she has a big, fluffy white head but normal body. She looks pretty daft.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...