UKC

Dartmoor Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Helnorris 05 Feb 2012
Thinking of possibly heading down there for a couple of days and just wondered what it was looking like down there at the moment.

The dart cam is looking good, no snow Just wondered how chilly it was down there? Hoping its not frozen fingers weather

Thanks for any help.

Wainers44 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Yesterday went out from Okeyhampton. Plenty of snow around Steeperton...OP15...East Mill Tor...Belstone Ridge etc and a shed load of ice. It was pretty raw in the wind too.

Big contrast today. Walked on the south moor to Eastern and Western Whitebarrow's and back via the Avon. Moor was still frozen under a watery topping so underfoot better than I expected, but it wasnt cold at all. No snow left. Odd bits of thicker ice but all melting fast. Dont forget that on the same site as Dartcam you can get to their weather station which is really useful, especially if you concider all the data, not just the temp!

Have a good time!
Ali Campbell 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Helnorris:

Starting to warm up in Devon now, I reckon you will be alright. Still advise to wrap up though, have fun if you do make it!
OP Helnorris 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Ali Campbell: Cool thanks guys. Just realised I have had darmoor in my head for the next couple of days and its not there my boyfirend said about going haha. Oops, ah well least its an option lol.

stvredmond 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Helnorris: Lolwho you going to dartmoor with then? Fancy huntsham tomorrow, weather is looking quite pleseant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...