UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Costa Blanca Ridges - A Seven Year Itch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 10 Feb 2012
 A geology lesson. Amazing strata on the ridge , 3 kbTomo Thompson tells the story of his seven year quest to tackle on the the Costa Blanca's most impressive limestone ridges...

"Eyes fuzzed with the focus, brains hurt with the concentration of reading every centimeter of the ground, of testing the stability of the rock and then having to commit body weight to loose stuff. It's all there was..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4442

Akasteve 10 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:
Great article, that's just made my dinner break!
I saw one of the ridges ages ago on the 'net and it instantly topped my To do List.
Just need to do it now.
 NickK123 10 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Good dit Tomo - (almost) want to go there (after Cham rock, Peak, outstanding Classic Rock routes, ... etc) Rgds.
In reply to UKC Articles:

Great article.

Anyone know how hard is it technically? (I get the picture of how hard in other ways!) - 6a at least clearly.
 Sam Mayfield 11 Feb 2012
In reply to Different Steve:

I will point Rich in the direction of this thread and he can tell you.

Sam Orange House
 Sam Mayfield 11 Feb 2012
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Sorry Steve, rich had pc problems today and I was busy welcoming the new goats!! I did mean to type goats not guests as orange house now has a farm.

I will remind him tomorrow to reply about grades etc.

Thanks sam
 Sam Mayfield 14 Feb 2012
In reply to Different Steve:

Hi Steve. If you go the right way, it's not always obvious, never harder than 6a. On the harder bits there is usually gear like bolts, pegs and threads. It's not really the tech difficulty of the ridge more the seriousness of the looser sections which makes it more stressful.
Rich
 Sam Mayfield 15 Feb 2012
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Steve did that make sense to you, it didnt to me!!!

:0-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...