UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Welcome to the Hood, official trailer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Welcome to the Hood, 4 kbWhat do you get if you let Daniel Woods, Paul Robinson, Andy Gullsten and Guntram Jörg loose on a two month trip through Switzerland, Austria and France?
Well, in terms of names and numbers, we already know the success story it turned out to be, but will have to wait a little bit more until we can...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66665
 mloskot 13 Feb 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Nice trailer.

IMHO, the photo used to illustrate the news is inappropriate for anyone who has watched and read Pieter Hugo's work about the Streets of Lagos, etc.
It may look cool for a kid on streets of London, but on UKC.
I hope my doubt is shared by most of us.
ADyr 14 Feb 2012
I agree... I immediately thought the same.
Not appropriate for either UKC or Mr.Pohl...
As well, I think it shows a rather quite shallow level of sophistication and lack of cultural knowledge. Signed off with a nice copymark touch...

In terms of the video-teaser I actually found it quite boring. It looks like a typical "Pro-meets-hard-boulder-...-fails-at-first-then-sends"... With a wealth of movies based on this theme being distributed for (almost) free, I find it hard to possibly have to pay to see it. That is of course, if not the film-making crew in the hood has some bling up their sleeve...
In reply to ADyr: Point taken and photo changed. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
 mloskot 14 Feb 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Thanks mate!
 TobyA 14 Feb 2012
In reply to mloskot:
> inappropriate for anyone who has watched and read Pieter Hugo's work about the Streets of Lagos, etc.

You can still see the thumbnail of the original picture on this thread, (although not in the news item) and I immediately thought what a strange photo for a bouldering movie. Anyway, even though the photo has now gone, thank you for highlighting Pieter Hugo's work - I hadn't seen it before but his photographs are disturbing and striking! http://www.pieterhugo.com/

Kind of agree with the other chap, that in comparison to other types of climbing movie, bouldering is just easier to film hence the very many bouldering movies. They all blend into each other for those without a specific knowledge of the areas. I want to see an ice climbing or scottish winter film shot this well! I'd pay for that!
ADyr 14 Feb 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: good good!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...