UKC

Outdoor Research Chaos Jacket - Dane?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lamb 06 Mar 2012
Anybody used one as a belay number for Scottish winter, thoughts? Couldn't see a review on Cold Thistle which I was surprised about.
drmarten 06 Mar 2012
In reply to Lamb:
I got one a couple of weeks ago online for £120. I haven't managed to get out climbing with it yet but I was hillwalking on Sunday and put it on for a stop at the summit of a Munro. It was warm and packs down reasonably small, the pockets are very good - two drop in inside pockets with pull cords to close, two lined handwarmer pockets, one external breast pocket and one internal breast pocket, both zipped. The hood is certainly big enough for a helmet underneath. Facing material is "Windstopper" but not enough wind on Sunday to test it. For £120 it would be hard to beat, to be picky I'd have liked a stuff sack. It doesn't have as much insulation as the DAS Parka but felt as warm and the facing material looks like it would handle rain better. I've sold my DAS Parka - always felt it was a bit too big for me.
 Dane1 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Lamb:

Sorry Lamb, I haven't looked at one for the Blog.
andic 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Lamb:
I just got one I think I'm going to like it. Two things you should know though; the fit is largish, I initially ordered a Large which buried me the medium replacement still has room for a chunky fleeice inside and the zip is on the right side which catches me out. Also hip pockets are a bit low for with a harness I suspect

Otherwise first impressions are its warm, well constructed and sheds water very well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...