UKC

NEWS: UK/USA/Belgian Team Add Venezuela Mega Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Mar 2012
The team with their new route Kids With Guns in the background, 4 kbGeorge Ullrich (UK), Siebe Vanhee (Belgium), Sam Farnsworth (UK), and Mason Earle (USA) have climbed a new big wall route in Venezuela, behind the huge waterfall of Salto Tuyuren on the Amuri Tepui.

The route is now named Kids With Guns and goes at a grade of 5.13a, A3, E6 6c.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66949

markalmack 07 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: Choppers!!!!
 GDes 07 Mar 2012
Fantastic stuff. That looks amazing, great effort
 Kemics 07 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Seriously rad.

What a location, climbing behind a waterfall!
 Neil Morbey 07 Mar 2012
In reply to Kemics:
What an adventure. Makes me want to quit and go do it!
 Roberttaylor 07 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: I love news like this.
 DrGav 07 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Superb effort! More pics required!
In reply to UKC News:

That looks absolutely wonderful, and in true UKC style I'm going to stick my neck out and say that on the basis of the information provided I don't think we'll be seeing E6 leaders queuing up to tackle it.

jcm
 Kemics 08 Mar 2012
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I don't think many people are freeing 5.13a big walls...at least outside of yosemite. Even then it's got a be a pretty niche group of climbers. Heroes!
 john arran 08 Mar 2012
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> I don't think we'll be seeing E6 leaders queuing up to tackle it.

That was my thought too. 7c+ is usually seen as being the very top of the E6 grade even on roadside sport climbs with no objective danger at all. To give E6 to a remote big-wall trad 7c+ is really pushing credibility.

Top effort to the team anyway - just a great shame they didn't have time to free it all.
 royal 09 Mar 2012
Come on guys, you've got it the wrong way around. It's normally people saying 'Cerro Torre is easy, I'm going to do it next year, it's only a 6b, I did harder at the local indoor wall last night..' etc.
 nightmonkeyuk 09 Mar 2012
In reply to royal:
i know, too much praise. im worried. plus, no-one has asked what they've done on grit either.
In reply to nightmonkeyuk:

Well, we know what they've done on grit - anyone got a link to that video of GU taking the Gaia flyer?!

jcm

This is the expedition that received funding from Berghaus as part of their Adventure Challenge initiative.

We had a bit of a bun fight over the voting back in September - http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64131

Alan
 Brendan 11 Mar 2012
In reply to john arran:
> Top effort to the team anyway - just a great shame they didn't have time to free it all.

Sounds like a task for you, John?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...