UKC

Mammut Bionic Wiresafe Krab

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DreadyCraig 07 Mar 2012
Anyone used these? According to needlesports they are the same as the DMM Shield.
Just wanted to make sure I'm not about to stock up on krabs that are rubbish to use.
 gethin_allen 07 Mar 2012
In reply to DreadyCraig:
I'm not sure about the exact carabiner but I have some of the other mammut carabiners and due to the fact they are made by DMM they are very nice.
If I liked the DMM shield I'd be quite happy to buy some. Also, needlesport are really good and trustworthy in my experience so I'd be happy to go with what they say.
Juho Risku 07 Mar 2012
In reply to DreadyCraig: I have a few of them. Wiresafe is basically the same thing as shield (specifications). As far as I know, they're even manufactured by DMM. Works well, no problem.
tribevine.com 07 Mar 2012
In reply to DreadyCraig: They're good, in our system a 5-star carabiner. It's not exactly the same as DMM Shield (sorry Juho), but the gate mechanism is the same. You can compare the details / specifications of DMM Shield and Wiresafe Gate (+ a few other light clear clip carabiners) here: http://www.tribevine.com/products?open=true&ids=4332,4337,5035,6419,432...
Likes to Fly 07 Mar 2012
I picked up a few of these extenders from needlesports. very impressed with them.
the sling has a rubber insert which ensures that one of the krabs stays in an easy to grap position. very neat and nice and light too.
 Andrew Bangs 08 Mar 2012
I bought a couple recently (Shiny! Cheap!) and hope to use them for the first time this weekend.

Armchair experience: they rattle. There's a captive rivet at the tip of the wire gate, and it moves enough to rattle. There's no way I'll be able to hear this when I'm outside and have a rack of other gear clanking around, though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...