UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Beacon of Hope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 16 Mar 2012
Beacon of Hope montage, 5 kbWhen a small Cornish charity dedicated to bringing disadvantaged kids to the outdoors was subjected to a racist arson attack the UKC community pitched in with offers of help. Now they hope to rebuild.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4515
 Boogs 16 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:

Nice article , well done Thin Bob , Dan , UKC and all wonderful inspiring stuff keep it up . . . 80)
In reply to boogie man: curry filled thin bob, dan exellant ruert murdok needs you guys mutch love thanks loads sam x
 full stottie 16 Mar 2012

Excellent work, inspiring response. Why not put the donation link directly onto this forum to make it as easy as poss for people to chip in to help with the shortfall?
 thin bob 16 Mar 2012
Thanks to Alan, Dan, Sam & Carla, Boogieman, Peter, Nikinko & Notgnarly. keep it up & seeya in June! One love, one peace...many routes xx
 mrchewy 17 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: It's been a terrific response on here, something to be proud of.
In reply to mrchewy: guys flip! your efforts have pushed my vehicle out of the mud i cant say thanks enough i would like to do an oscars speach but there are too many of you to list names like curry filed bob ,alan ,dan, dave hooper ,paul catch a crow ,clive,crispin,peter web ,erica ,ninko, graham, tom, paul e ,chris w, deepsoup, and last but not least the facists that forced the bad energy on us that we converted to good ,fanks now lets get some firside moments and pass on the glow x saM
 James Oswald 17 Mar 2012

Truly sad. A well balanced and thoughtful article.

James
 Neil Morbey 17 Mar 2012
In reply to James Oswald:

Great article and a great cause. I've added my donation. My Folks live in Cornwall (it is a beautiful place), so next time I'm down I'll take down all my spare kit for donation.

I'd love to come down to visit or help - maybe the BBQ June meet if possible? Can I get onto the email loop? neilmorbey@gmail.com

Such a shame that racism is still ripe in some corners of the country, but so glad to hear that this has been turned around. Well done to all the kind people taking action.

Neil, Newcastle.
 JJ Spooner 17 Mar 2012

Amazing article.

Facebook page i've created to raise awareness: https://www.facebook.com/beaconofhopefoundation

Please add everyone you can.
 James Oswald 18 Mar 2012
In reply to Neil Morbey:
Also interested in the email loop. jamesoswald642@hotmail.com.

James
In reply to Neil Morbey: thanks brother through making a donation i have youe email adress you are now a member of the hope project and the donors club i will be in touch to thank you personaly and to invite you to be barbie man at the summer camp june 1to 5 thanks again sam hapy mums day x
 chris wyatt 18 Mar 2012
In reply to The Hope Project: Excellent article thin bob . Thanks
 frogma 19 Mar 2012

I'm sad to say that as a white English guy with a wife of Sri Lankan descent that the only part of the UK we have ever faced overt racism is the South West. This has been from simple staring to blatent refusal to talk. It's sad that this is the case and I have a huge amount of respect Sam for stick ing at it and not just leaving them to it.

I guess that this is the only way that things with ever change but frankly I can't imagane what a nightmare it would be to have to live in that kind of environment.

> I guess that this is the only way that things with ever change but frankly I can't imagane what a nightmare it would be to have to live in that kind of environment. woman and mankinds capacity to live outside our comfort zone and supply network is what makes our species special think astranoughts . its like walking in a storm on a mountain if we are equiped with the right things we can live in the most hostile places and see the most beutiful sights .your support has equpied me to carry on your comunity is propelling me on further so i can propel others on further still .this humanity is what makes us special your comunity is like a torrent of good energy sent to me in beutiful space come join me now that ive got the space station open to all who think similar thanks to you ,from us . x sam

Wild Country 19 Mar 2012
In reply to The Hope Project:
Hi Sam, when you're up and running again Wild Country will send you a bunch of rock climbing gear to help you re-stock your kit store. Just mail me via UKC and I'll sort it out. Really sorry to hear such a shocking tale and a big shout to UKC and anyone who's donated.
I have posted the donation link on our FB and Twitter too to try and help...
 bobandsausage 19 Mar 2012
Hi there, is there any way to gift aid donations? I didn't see a link on the donate site. That way you get a bit of a top up from Mr Osborne.
fxceltic 19 Mar 2012
In reply to The Hope Project: Hi Sam, is the Beacon of Hope officially a registered charity?

If so, I would strongly advise that you register with 1% for the planet - http://www.onepercentfortheplanet.org/en/

if you do this then you might pick up random donations from business who are committed to helping charities such as yourself.

More specifically, as a business owner who is committed to 1%, I would be in a position to make a fairly substantial donation to the project if you can get registered with the guys at 1% for the planet.

If you can get this sorted out asap (like in the next couple of weeks) then message me via this forum and I can probably squeeze you into this years lists of recipients.
I could possibly also drum up some man hours for you to assist in the rebuilding project.
cheers

fxceltic
fxceltic 19 Mar 2012
In reply to bobandsausage:
> Hi there, is there any way to gift aid donations? I didn't see a link on the donate site. That way you get a bit of a top up from Mr Osborne.

just on this, Sam, I dont know if youre using the just giving website, but you may want to consider using an alternative

www.goldengiving.com

you get all the same benefits of "just giving" but without having to pay the % fee to just giving as the site is sponsored instead.

ChrisHolloway1 19 Mar 2012
In reply to Richie Patterson, Wild Country: Awesome guys
 ChrisHolloway1 19 Mar 2012
In reply to ChrisHolloway1: I'm in for a June meet up
 thin bob 19 Mar 2012
In reply to Richie Patterson, Wild Country:
Brilliant!! nice one Ritchie & Wild Country!
 Andyh83 19 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Well done on staying positive and not allowing yourselves to become bitter and jaded. The project sounds awesome and although I would have prefered to hear about it in a more pleasant way, I'm glad it's now on my radar. I'm emptying my metaphorical copper jar into paypal as we speak, hope you reach your total. Good luck to you guys.
 MingDynasty 19 Mar 2012
> When a small Cornish charity dedicated to bringing disadvantaged kids to the outdoors was subjected to a racist arson attack the UKC community pitched in with offers of help. Now they hope to rebuild.
>
> Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4515

I'm planning to be in Cornwall over Easter to go climbing so if there is a wet day, I may try to get over to St Agnes to see the awful wreckage and lend moral support. My donation should be winging its way to you via PayPal, however I too would like you to have got the gift aid!
 thin bob 20 Mar 2012
..belated big thanks to David Hooper for suggesting writing the article in the first place: cheers David!
In reply to fxceltic: hello thanks for thinking of me you already have helped me and thanks for the future offer but to get my cic number would take three weeks after i send them the forms ive got and had for ages and the payment which is being held ransom by paypal so i will try ,and when i get it done yes gift aid sounds fab as paypal realy take a bite out of ya but exellant efort by the thought cloud, life is moving fast now i hope i can keep in step with the changes .ps posative note we got more kids wanting to come so mabe sponsor them to come instead mabe ? speak soon gota go get back my email adress from the hakkers xsam
In reply to thin bob: yes david hooper all think that and send him posative thoughts plaese x
In reply to fxceltic: brother im now registerd with the cic regulator just on my last lap to the 1 % people speak soon sam x
 thin bob 15 Apr 2012
Hey Sam,
Did you get the 1% form I sent you? peace x

Just seen this: 'WOW groundbraeking news just in the fabulouse mark bridgman smith from wild country has just called to say they are commited to restocking the hope projects climbing section...'

Genuinely very good news for Samuel and his centre!

Glad to hear things are picking up. I also believe J Dawes is down there to running a work shop beginning of June?
properjob 17 Apr 2012
Nice one Wild Country! Good to see big names wishing to be so pro-active in the face of such hated & bigotry faced by Sam, shows that some companies at least don't just look for easy PR and will stand by those who really REALLY need help for good causes.
In reply to thin bob: curry filled bob yes i did but ive been in a whirlwind today after a very bleak weekend the sun has come out if aj head honcho comes to the summer meet i think we all need to give him the bumps for his belife and first eforts thanks guys im feelin a bit hairs on back moment right now 1 percent form will be sent tomorow ive missed the deadline but time has no master ,ps im making a avazz petition soon so lets go global and change the world one lil step at a time ps great name for a route eh johnny d
In reply to UKC Articles: all this love is overwhelming xxxsam

Amazing news Sam, what a fabulous gesture by Wild Country, hats off to the guys there
 thin bob 30 Apr 2012
Step up, Steph & Marmot!! Thank you so much for sending gear Sam was gobsmacked with the new gear, I've been having fun with minor repairs on the others..and plenty of building / art materials
Much love & peace
In reply to UKC Articles: new article coming soon.. great developments, intrigue, grooviness, pictures.....
TB On THP login. Dirty, Tired, Muddy..but v happy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...