UKC

NEWS: 2 8cs in 2 Weeks for Alex Barrows

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Mar 2012
Alex Barrows on Ingravids Serps (8c) Santa Linya, Spain, 3 kbBritish climber Alex Barrows has had a very successful trip to Spain, coming away with two 8c sport routes in just a couple of weeks.

Barrows focused his attention on the Santa Linya Cave, and climbed Fabelita and Ingravids Serps (both 8c).

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66980

butterworthtom 20 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Who is that guy? Is he famous?
 bigie bob 20 Mar 2012
In reply to butterworthtom: I see this guy at the foundry all the time. He's always traversing in the corridor, I assumed he was really rubbish as I never see him do any boulder problems harder than 6C.
 J.Wells 20 Mar 2012
In reply to bigie bob:
I traverse all the time and only climb 6c too. Don't all have the money to go jetting off to Spain, plus, I hear everything's really easy over there?
 UKB Shark 20 Mar 2012
In reply to bigie bob:

I heard he got a girlfriend and is even weaker now.
 Wft 20 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: for those wanting to join the 'no barrows' club, apply within.

Nice one barros!
 biscuit 20 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

If that's what SCIENCE does for you i want some.

V impressive work.
 butterworthtom 20 Mar 2012
In reply to biscuit:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> If that's what SCIENCE does for you i want some.
>
> V impressive work.

It's what the University of Sheffield Physics department does for you. Supposedly they require their students to have AAB at A-level or equivalent and climb at least f8c. They don't stipulate a minimum font grade though which is why they are all punters when it comes to bouldering.

cha1n 20 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

If it makes you feel any better, he flashed a Font 7A+ boulder problem after I did it at TCA in Bristol, so he does do problems..

Had no idea who he was but it was definitely him. Seemed like a nice guy, well done!
In reply to butterworthtom:
> (In reply to biscuit)
> [...]
>
> They don't stipulate a minimum font grade though which is why they are all punters when it comes to bouldering.

I object to that. We do a taught masters in bouldering which is very popular.

Ridiculous article by the way - "Now it's back to my real goal, burning Bob Hickish and Stu Littlefair off on eliminates at the tor..." - I've never read anything so laughable.
 biscuit 20 Mar 2012
In reply to midgets of the world unite:

Owch ! Touched a nerve there i think ;0)
 jacobjlloyd 20 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: Hope to hear more about these eliminates at the tor very soon!
 Andy Farnell 20 Mar 2012
In reply to midgets of the world unite:
> (In reply to butterworthtom)
> [...]
>
>
>
> Ridiculous article by the way - "Now it's back to my real goal, burning Bob Hickish and Stu Littlefair off on eliminates at the tor..." - I've never read anything so laughable.

It would appear Alex has set his target a little low. He should be aiming to burn SteMac off on the eliminates. Now that would be impressive!

Andy F
 Wft 20 Mar 2012
In reply to andy farnell:
> (In reply to midgets of the world unite)
> [...]
>
> It would appear Alex has set his target a little low. He should be aiming to burn SteMac off on the eliminates. Now that would be impressive!
>
> Andy F

he'd sooner douse a fire with petrol
 ali k 20 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

How is this news? I'm sure these routes must have been done by girls by now. And someone younger than him has climbed harder than that onsight.
 ali k 20 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

AND they're in Spain so not even proper 8c.
 JimboWizbo 21 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: Great stuff. Thanks for keeping me motivated
underthebridge 24 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: for a proper write-up of the trip with a clearer perspective and full details of everything, including much better photos (what were they really wearing on the trip..?!?) see here:
http://arda-envinyanta.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/rolitay-sharmay-first-irish-a...
and here:
http://arda-envinyanta.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/interview-with-stuart-littlef...
 jacobjlloyd 24 Mar 2012
In reply to underthebridge: Hilarious
underthebridge 24 Mar 2012
In reply to underthebridge: barumpa
 abarro81 28 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Some more thoughts and pictures from the trip on my new blog for anyone interested:
http://alexbarrowsclimbing.blogspot.co.uk/
Alex
 AJM 28 Mar 2012
In reply to abarro81:

Like the Jerry reference. Look forwards to reading more...
 Goose U 29 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: Good on ya Bazza...stay funny

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...