UKC

PodSac Back Sizes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nbrowne 24 Mar 2012
Hey,

Just enquiring about PodSac Back Sizes. A lot of people I have spoke to say that its really important to adhere to the rough guidelines given for PodSacs for back lengths. I'm 6'1 so going by PodSac guidelines I should get a Size 3.

I have located a Size 2 for very little. Am I wise to go for it, or could I expect back problems when its fully loaded?

Cheers
m0unt41n 24 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne: I'm also 6' 1" and have a size 3 X-Pod which fits me fine. Length of back more important than height so I would measure yourself first rather than just go with height. PodSacs and Crux are both excellent.
In reply to nbrowne:

Also consider if you want to climb with the sac. I had a Black Ice size 2. It was about right for me at 5' 10", but the length of the sac back meant I couldn't look up with a climbing helmet on - they interfered with each other and ice climbing was more difficult.

Now have a size 1 and it's much better, for me. Smaller volume also suits my needs better!
 ColdWill 25 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne: I'm 6'1" as well and use the size 2. As mentioned it's better for actually climbing with. The size 2 POD is about an inch shorter than both the new med BD Speed 40 pack and the Grivel one size Alpinist 45.
OP nbrowne 26 Mar 2012
In reply to ColdWill:
Cheers, I'm looking for a PodSac Black Ice - one for climbing with, but also one that can be used for a weekend of walking and wild camping aswell. Good to hear that the sizings are not that strict..

OP nbrowne 26 Mar 2012
In reply to ColdWill:
I believe you are selling a PodSac Black Ice Size 2? Is it still available? Possibly pictures?

n_browne2@hotmail.com
 ColdWill 26 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne: I am as it happens, picture on the way.
 Andy Taylor 26 Mar 2012
In reply to nbrowne:
I am 6'2" and use a pod size 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...