UKC

NEWS: Hayden Kennedy Climbs Indian Creek Project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Mar 2012
Nick Martino trying what was to become Carbondale Short Bus, 4 kbAmerican climber Hayden Kennedy has made the first ascent of Carbondale Short Bus.

Weighing in at 5.14-, it could be the hardest route at Indian Creek, USA.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66990

Enty 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

That looks incredible.

E
 Smelly Fox 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Wow! That looks an awesome climb!

Those small cams are scary on that rock! I had some much bigger ones blow on me when I was in Utah that seemed solid.

Inspiring!

Trist
 tom290483 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News:

now thats a proper good line.
 lithos 26 Mar 2012
In reply to tom290483:

and he can change shoes regularly mid ascent
 Cliff Lowther 26 Mar 2012
In reply to lithos: HAHAHAH 3 changes I think.lol
 Flashy 26 Mar 2012
In reply to lithos: Ha! I hadn't noticed that.

Great video, I found it quite inspiring. Quite a lot of climbing vids either bore me to tears or terrify me, but for some reason this one is just fantastic.
In reply to UKC News: One of the best climbing videos i've seen. I'd love to see one of the actual ascent.
 Toerag 26 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: I like the way he keeps dropping his gear, makes it look like a proper effort
Kipper 26 Mar 2012
In reply to lithos:
> (In reply to tom290483)
>
> and he can change shoes regularly mid ascent

I think the video is just of some bloke trying it, not the actual ascent.
 Andrew Smith 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Kipper:I agree kipper, it would be a rather shit climbing film, if it showed every bit of him trying the route. Imagine watching Steve Mcclure doing Overshadow, every second that he was there? How pants a film would that be, all the failed attempts?

Bad editing maybe for the shoe error, but f*ck me it does state in the title that it was a bit of a directors cut type edit. I enjoyed it and the route looked very nice.
 Dave 88 26 Mar 2012
In reply to Toerag:

Yeah I liked that too. You just know he's getting that horrible sinking feeling!
 PBrennan 27 Mar 2012
In reply to UKC News: The ascent of the compressor route wasn't bolt free. There's a section in the statement from Kennedy and Kruk on the Alpinist site that broached the judicious use of bolts. I don't much care for the specific issue, but I do care about accurate reporting. Fair play to Kennedy, his hard new route looks very hard.
 jon 27 Mar 2012
In reply to PBrennan:
> in the statement from Kennedy and Kruk on the Alpinist site (...)

Talking of Kruk, I think it's worth watching this magic moment again...
youtube.com/watch?v=gHVLdhXqmU0&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...