UKC

Rock boot resoling - are some providers better than others?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone Muppet 28 Mar 2012
I always used to use Cheshire Shoe because they're cheap and do a reasonable job. Each time I would also buy a new pair of shoes in any case so the resoled shoes would only be for a 2nd pair.

However I have just put a hole in my nice Sportiva Katanas and am wondering (without offence to Cheshire..!) if resoling gets any better than this, or is it all much of a muchness?
 deepsoup 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Stone Muppet:
Feet First and Cheshire shoe seem to have more or less the same hit-rate of satisfied customers whenever its discussed on here. Are there any others?
 Mr Lopez 28 Mar 2012

Feet-first are miles above CSR in how the shoes come back. Try them and you won't feel disappointed.
 Paul Evans 28 Mar 2012
Not my experience - found them about the same for quality - and CSR were nearly £20 cheaper. YMMV.

Paul
 stevedude888 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Stone Muppet: Got CSR done, they were like new and saved so much moneys as well, go for them!
 Anoetic 28 Mar 2012
In reply to Stone Muppet:CSR did a great repair on my shoes, but they just weren't the same. They have been relegated to all day multi-cragging shoes
 Ciro 29 Mar 2012

I haven't used Cheshire, only Feet First, but found that you get much better results if you send them off to Italy or Spain... obviously that means a bit more organisation getting a good few pairs together with mates to ship at once, otherwise the postage costs rather defeat the purpose.
 CurlyStevo 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Mr Lopez:
CSR are as good as feet first as long as you ask them to rerand ONLY if necessary.

Both outfits have the occasional failed resoling which fails after a few uses.
Green Surf Monkey 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Stone Muppet: I run a company expedition kit hire and we send all our repairs to lancashire sports repairs all the major brands refer returns to retail shops for repair to them and they have repaired items we sent them to new condition. Not used them for rock boots but they are brilliant on Baffin boots and down clothing. Not cheap though.
 Andypeak 29 Mar 2012
In reply to Stone Muppet: just got a pair back from CSR and I was very impressed. I've not tried feet first but I can't see how they could do a better job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...