UKC

Best Wall for Bouldering In Sheffield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jaxxman 03 Apr 2012
Calling all Sheffield climbers...

Whats the best wall in Sheffield for Bouldering?

I am moving back up north to Sheffield & having never climbed at a Sheffield wall I am after some guidance from local climbers. UKC shows circa 4 walls & i'd rather not have to visit them all & pay the membership fee's to ultimately end up visiting 1 wall on a regular basis & the other 3 never again.

So let me know what you think?

Cheers
 john arran 03 Apr 2012
In reply to jaxxman:

The Foundry and The Edge both have great walls and good bouldering, but if it's purely bouldering you're after then the Climbing Works is quite possibly the best facility in the country.
 Eagle River 03 Apr 2012
In reply to jaxxman:

What John said. Climbing Works is brilliant.
In reply to john arran: Why thank you John, next time you are over you can climb for free
In reply to jaxxman: Another vote for the Climbing Works!! Brilliant!!
 john arran 03 Apr 2012
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Why thank you, kind Sir. But I'm sure you'll still be wanting me to sort out your climbTIME database. Fear not, I'm actually working on it as we speak!
OP jaxxman 03 Apr 2012
Thanks for the info guys.

I'll be up in Sheffield over Easter & will mosy on over to The Climbing Works to check it out as my 1st port of call. Some London based friends had also recommended the 'works' but nice to have a bit more confirmation from Sheffield climbers / boulderers.

Cheers

deepsoup 03 Apr 2012
In reply to jaxxman:
Works is a no-brainer really, but that isn't to say the others aren't worth checking out - they are.
The Foundry has a bouldering scene of its own.
The Matrix is a bit limited, but its nice enough and its cheap.
(Also consistently much warmer than the Works which isn't a good thing most of the time, but it's been a godsend a couple of times this winter when the Works was just *too* cold.
 ro8x 04 Apr 2012
In reply to jaxxman:

Has to be the works for the size and varied problems. The coffee is also tops!

Also worth checking out the Edge. Big fan of their bouldering room.
 Morwood 04 Apr 2012
In reply to deepsoup:

Agreed. The works us definitely in its own league for bouldering but that doesn't mean the others aren't worth a look if you have time/money. The edge has a good featured wall with a couple of fun cracks and the foundry is great for overhangs and roofs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...