UKC

Malham cove center parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 griffer boy 04 Apr 2012
The guy who lives behind the cove center has had some hassle from people trying to sleep in a silver renault overnight in the car park.

Can we please try to be nice, for a couple of reasons.
1) its a great free place to park in the village
2) the parish council allow climbing at the cove and it would be annoying to piss one off.
3) I just want to go climbing not act as some mediator
its still dry and there is no laying snow up here.
 Andy Kassyk 04 Apr 2012
In reply to griffer boy:
I believe there has been trouble before with people using the cove centre car park as a doss/ toilet. Just goes to show how thoughtless some people are.
We lost Craig y Forwen due to thoughtless actions. Let's hope history does not repeat itself.
In reply to griffer boy: Ridiculous! So many places around there you could sleep in your car and no-one would even notice you were there. I've slept up at Malham Tarn with no problems (not that Im suggesting everyone else should). Hopefully they weren't climbers.
 Tyler 04 Apr 2012
In reply to martin_whitton:

> Hopefully they weren't climbers.

I think the point is they were and the attitude that climbers would never do such a thing/drop litter etc shouldn't prevail. In the grand scheme of things its not a major crime to doss in your car somewhere, its just that access at Malham is more sensitive than people imagine and hopefully the climbers involved were just a bit uninformed.
In reply to Tyler: You get twonks in any walk of life.
If I have a choice between sleeping next to buildings or 5mins down the road be somewhere out of the way and quiet and where I'm not going to be bothered (and can go to the toilet out of view) it seems a no-brainer.
OP griffer boy 05 Apr 2012
bump
 UKB Shark 05 Apr 2012
In reply to griffer boy:

Your man may have got the wrong end of the stick on this occasion...

Posted by "elliepygall" on UKB:

So sorry, that was us - but bit of a misunderstanding - we weren't intending on staying in the car park! We'd just got back from the pub when he came and spoke to us, and were leaving anyway...

Thought we were polite, tried to make it clear we didn't intend to stay - didn't mean to piss anyone off.

Cheers
 sheeny 05 Apr 2012
In reply to griffer boy: yorkshire people happiest in the uk its official

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...