UKC

Winter backpack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
matejn 10 Apr 2012
Hi!
I´m looking for a new alpine pack that will be used primarily in winter time.
I have narrowed down my options to either: Deuter Guide 35+, Osprey Variant 37, Lowe alpine Alpine attack 35:45 or Exped Mountain pro 40.
If anyone have any experiences with the above mentioned packs and he is willing to share informations here , I will be very grateful.

Thank you!

Matej
 iksander 10 Apr 2012
In reply to matejn: Hi Matej, last time we spoke was at Krnica... I still owe you a beer, but maybe I can give you some beta on rucksacks in the meantime

I have had a Deuter Guide 35+ (and now a 45+) and an Exped Mountain pro 40.

The Deuters are better bags in my opinion. I really liked the Mountain Pro on paper, but I ripped the base of it the first time I used it (very thin fabric, like their dry bags). Also there is no adjustment with the lid, so you over stuff the bag, the lid tilts back and interferes with the back of your helmet.

The Deuters are heavier, and not waterproof but are more durable and carry heavy loads much more comfortably even with the aluminum struts removed.
matejn 10 Apr 2012
In reply to iksander:
Hello!

I hope you enyojed your stay in Kr.Gora.To bad that you missed that incredible cold spell that lasted for about three weeks.During that time many ice falls came in condition that normally don't. A lot of good ice climbing was done this winter in Slovenia, but sadly, this has lasted very short time.
Thank you for the reply on backpacks!
Matej

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...