UKC

new sport crag at Princess Cairn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Nisbet 11 Apr 2012
Seven bolt lines have been spotted on a north facing crag at Princess Cairn, a small hill just south of The Mound, which is on the A9 north of Inverness. Unfortunately there are three trad routes already on the crag, although they haven't been recorded yet. So there is no blame involved, just it would be good if the bolter contacted me so that a compromise can be reached.
OP Andy Nisbet 11 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Sorry I got it wrong. Apprently the trad routes are on a different crag. I would still be keen to hear about it from whoever. None of the locals seem to know about it.
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

It would be handy to hear about it for the new sport guide, which is in production
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Well, it was a long shot, but maybe in the evening
 baldie 12 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet: Have been asking around, but nobody seams to know anything.
 Fiend 12 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Good luck. It's a pity information can be so hard to come by for Scottish climbing!

Have you tried contacting the usual suspects around Inverness and/or the people who bolted the recent stuff at Moy??
 baldie 14 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet: bump
 jameshiggins 15 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet: Andy, I am aware of a crag north of the bridge at at The Mound that was bolted by Simon Nadin who now resides in Golspie. It was bolted with permission of Sutherland Estates. I think he also did something on one of the Estates crags south of the bridge. No pyublished details as far as I'm aware.

jim
OP Andy Nisbet 15 Apr 2012
In reply to jameshiggins:

Thanks Jim, but it's not Simon Nadin. He has been asked.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...