UKC

alternate London climbing wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denoir 11 Apr 2012
As its looking like rain on Saturday and our planned trip to Swanage likely washed out we were thinking of visiting an alternmate London, or somewhere close to London, wall to spend the day. We both live close to the Castle so any suggestions of good alternatives? Westway seems the obvious choice but only as the other close one, Mile End, doesnt really cut it for what we want. Any opinions on the Reach? Anywhere else?
Thanks!
Chris
Georgi.Kusev 11 Apr 2012
Hello Denoir, what are you looking for("Mile End, doesnt really cut it for what we want")? I am asking just to get feedback on the climbing centers in London for myself.
 SCC 11 Apr 2012
In reply to Denoir:

Reach is good. I think they've opened a new bouldering area recently too.

Routes seem varied, sometimes the grades can be a bit suspect, but the same can probably be said of most walls.
Cafe does some cracking food and good tea.

Not usually as busy as other London walls - which is good for us, but less so for the wall...

Si
 Matt250 11 Apr 2012
I'd second the Reach or try Craggy 2 in Sutton for bouldering. Craggys got the best route setting I've ever seen.
OP Denoir 11 Apr 2012
In reply to Denoir:

decent lead lines would be the priority for us for this weekend.

Cheers,

Chris
 Ralphus 11 Apr 2012
In reply to Denoir: The reach has some quality lead routes, also if you bring your own QD's then you can lead practically every line.

Also the new bouldering area is being unveiled on the 19th
 Cú Chullain 11 Apr 2012
In reply to Denoir:

A new climbing wall has opened at Parsons Green if you fancy something different
OP Denoir 11 Apr 2012
In reply to Denoir: thanks all, i think The Reach might be winning!
In reply to Cú Chullain: Not much of a lead wall though!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...