UKC

Where was everyone???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euge 16 Apr 2012
Had a great solo day on The Ben on Saturday... went up Raeburns Easy Route, over the summit, across the CMD arete and followed the ridge down.
Weather was pretty typical... one minute gorgeous blue skies, the next white out.

I had Coire na Ciste to myself, though I did see someone earlier at the base of Number 5. Chatted to a guy who had just climbed "Good Friday" and said conditions were good and saw someone on Tower Ridge.

Fantastic day, just when I thought it was all over...

Euge
 Milesy 16 Apr 2012
I seen a picture which showed good friday climb to be back again, however how good I do not know. I had written off getting it climbed this year but im reconsidering now.
 CurlyStevo 16 Apr 2012
In reply to Euge: how much ice was there about on stuff like the cascade, the white line, comb gully buttress etc?
OP Euge 16 Apr 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:
> (In reply to Euge) how much ice was there about on stuff like the cascade, the white line, comb gully buttress etc?

Cascade was not there, the white line was broken but Comb Gully Buttress looked good as did Number 2 Gully Buttress.

E
 rossh 16 Apr 2012
In reply to Euge:

Don't suppose you noticed if there was any ice on Smiths?

CurlyStevo 16 Apr 2012
In reply to Euge:
or the start to glovers chimney
 glaramara 16 Apr 2012
In reply to Euge: I thought the blokes who skied down Tower Gully looked pretty cool. Also saw people on OR, Gardyloo & TR.
 glaramara 16 Apr 2012
In reply to Milesy: Blokes i spoke to on summit said "thin but in". Scoop definetly out.
 AG 16 Apr 2012
In reply to Euge: I met a couple of guys on anoach mor about to climb something- lots of ski tourers /freeskiers around.Nice snow to be had - some of the best all season (for skiing that is)
 Milesy 16 Apr 2012
In reply to glaramara:
> (In reply to Milesy) Blokes i spoke to on summit said "thin but in". Scoop definetly out.

Thanks mate. I will wait to see if it fattens up more or some first hand accounts
OP Euge 16 Apr 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:
> (In reply to Euge)
> or the start to glovers chimney

There but thin...
OP Euge 16 Apr 2012
In reply to rossh:
> (In reply to Euge)
>
> Don't suppose you noticed if there was any ice on Smiths?

Sorry.. wrong part of the mountain...
 scottie390 17 Apr 2012
In reply to glaramara: i solo'd tower scoop last friday and it was in but thin
 Simon Theobald 17 Apr 2012
In reply to Euge:
We climbed Good Friday Climb on Saturday and found the conditions to be very good with lots of snow and plenty of ice. A few photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sctheobald/sets/72157629464349526/
 Nick_Scots 17 Apr 2012
In reply to Euge: Snow on the Ochils tonite, so 1110ft. Was out canoeing with a group, bit odd in warm sun but seeing the snowline.
 glaramara 18 Apr 2012
In reply to scottie390: Solo repeat eh Davie? Coolio.
OP Euge 18 Apr 2012
In reply to Simon Theobald:
> (In reply to Euge)
> We climbed Good Friday Climb on Saturday and found the conditions to be very good with lots of snow and plenty of ice. A few photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sctheobald/sets/72157629464349526/

I spoke to you as you were setting up the belay on the summit... You mentioned about doing Agag's on the Sunday... looked cold

E

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...