UKC

NEWS: First 8a Onsight for Hazel Findlay

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 Apr 2012
Hazel Findlay, 4 kbBritish all-round climber Hazel Findlay adds an 8a onsight to her CV.

With her granite crack, limestone sport and big-wall free climbing skills, Hazel is fast becoming the UK's top all around female climber.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67049

john arran 17 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News:

"I'm not sure about counting it as an 8a onsight, it didn't feel that hard."

A few years ago I was also able to onsight what I believe is the same route, which surprised me as I hadn't been doing all that much sport climbing at the time and didn't think I would be fit enough. But rather than dismiss it as easy for the grade I instead decided it must have suited me really well and I must have got lucky!

Although to be fair I also did at least one 7c and one 7c+ on the same short trip and it definitely felt harder than both of those. And she does seem to be climbing ridiculously well at the moment, so if I was her I wouldn't protest too much.

Well done Hazel.
In reply to UKC News: Great Effort! To excell so highly across the board is amazing!
 Loxon 17 Apr 2012
In reply to john arran:
thanks John for your valuable contribution
 GrahamD 19 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News:

> Hazel is fast becoming the UK's top all around female climber.

Fast becoming ? arguably already is !
 Boulderdash86 19 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: Kinda wishing I spent more time climbing at Uni - I didn't get my priorities right - good on you Hazel and would second the "UK's top all around female climber"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...