UKC

Fontainebleau in May/June?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rockauthor 17 Apr 2012
Hey English speakers!

I'm an American who will be in Font from May 20-June 16, if anyone will be there during that time. I'm doing it on the cheap meaning no car (despite what I hear from everyone) and inexpensive camping/free camping (if i can find any). I'm a broke college student, after all. Regardless, it would be great to meet up with other English-speakers over there, as it's my first time to Font and France, and new friends usually don't suck.

I'll have a pad. Here's to a cool, dry early summer in the forest!
 Fuzzface93 21 Apr 2012
In reply to rockauthor: Easy man, i was thinking of going out late may / early june ( due to a current finger injury ) I was just wondering what the conditions are like that time of year? Is it too warm or anything? Any help would be appreciated

If i end up coming out to font between may 20 and june 16 i'll deffo drop you an email

rockauthor 23 Apr 2012
In reply to Fuzzface93:

I do hear the conditions can be hit or miss early summer. A bit warmer than is ideal, but not a problem. If I end up in a heatwave, I'll just climb morning/evening. Cheers!
Font Green News 22 May 2012
In reply to rockauthor:
Hi,
sorry for my poor english,
you will find informations about camping in Font on this page :
http://latribunelibredebleau.blogspot.fr/p/hebergement-autour-de-fontainebl...
Have a nice trip !
 galpinos 22 May 2012
In reply to Fuzzface93:
> Is it too warm or anything? Any help would be appreciated

Font at that time of year will be great. There are plenty of shady areas in the forest if it's scorchio and lots of problems that don't require baltic temperatures. Add to that you don't have to spend all your time shivering in a million layers.

Check out this guy's vimeo page.
vimeo.com/user698558
He lives in the area and posts a monthly "dose" of what him and his mates have been up to. He seems to get up stuff fine in summer!

Bulls Crack 22 May 2012
In reply to rockauthor:

I'v ebeen in August - far too hot but got up at dawn and it was great!
 BoulderBus 23 May 2012
In reply to rockauthor:

Hi, I'll be there his weekend, so if you're still looking for some english speakers to tag along with there will be a group of us heading out of the tour bus parked at La Musardiere on Saturday morning...come and say hi
 scoth 24 May 2012
In reply to BoulderBus: You guys about Sunday? as I just found out that the mates am with over the weekend are leaving early on Sunday, which leaves me with all morning and early afternoon to get more done. Let us know or anybody else for that matter! failing that will have to get my le tricolour text book out and join the locals!
maryvegan 27 May 2012
In reply to rockauthor: Hey! I'll be there in July... sorry we will miss each other. Let me know how it goes! I'm excited about the trip!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...