UKC

Stewart lee gig last night in sheffield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Newbuild100 22 Apr 2012
Any of you guys out there go to the Lyceum last night ??
 Jon Stewart 22 Apr 2012
In reply to Newbuild100:

Would have liked too - was it good? I like him a lot, although he doesn't always makes me laugh, and can be a little bit self-indulgent...
 Conf#2 22 Apr 2012
In reply to Newbuild100:

Oh man, didn't know he was on. How was it?
nickyrannoch 22 Apr 2012
In reply to Newbuild100:

saw the show in glasgow last month. excellent as always. My other half even enjoyed and he is not her kind of thing.

If there is a better stand up comedian out there i have not seen him.
OP Newbuild100 22 Apr 2012
In reply to confusicating: For some reasons, he was the best comedian Ive ever seen. Very clever, and not self indulgent.
Certainly different to anyone else Ive seen, or know about actually.

The gig was filmed too so I dont know if it will crop on TV or if its for a DVD or something.

For some reason, cos he's not mainstream, i thought i could just go along and pay on the door. Not a chance, the place was a sell out. (And to think, I only got my tickets yesterday afternoon, courtesy of pals who had tickets but couldnt go)

Stewart has a website.
Check it out, he has plenty of forthcoming gigs.
 Flinticus 22 Apr 2012
In reply to nickyrannoch
Richard Herring.

Saw him in Glasgow recently.
nickyrannoch 22 Apr 2012
In reply to Flinticus

saw him too. also excellent
 Conf#2 23 Apr 2012
In reply to nickyrannoch & Flinticus:

If you like both those guys I think you may also like Robin Ince, you seen him recently? Does an excellent gig. On tour at the moment;

http://robinince.com/
 Flinticus 24 Apr 2012
In reply to confusicating:
Thanks but no Glasgow date.

Saw Sean Hughes years ago. Very dark humour. Brilliant
 MonkeyPuzzle 24 Apr 2012
In reply to nickyrannoch:

Saw Doug Stanhope a few weeks back and then Richard Herring the week after. Both were excellent. Off to see Stewart Lee in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. I doubt he'll sell out the Hippodrome in Bristol either, so it would be worth people still having a gander.
 Eagle River 24 Apr 2012
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

What did you think of Doug Stanhope's mate Henry? He was my wife's favorite part of the evening.
 Conf#2 24 Apr 2012
In reply to Flinticus:

Yeah, you missed him m'fraid. I was through a few weeks ago to see him & micheal Legge.

Did you go and see Josie Long at the Stand during the festival? She was absolutely fantastic.
 MonkeyPuzzle 24 Apr 2012
In reply to Eagle River:

He was great! My heart instinctively sinks when I see a comedian walk on with a guitar but his songs were genuinely funny, as were the segues between them.

People should check out "Maybe they won't kill you" by Henry Phillips. It has to be on Youtube or somewhere.
 Eagle River 24 Apr 2012
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

The song about taking a pill to make you a brilliant guitarist was funny.
 Mr Powly 24 Apr 2012
In reply to Newbuild100:
>
> The gig was filmed too so I dont know if it will crop on TV or if its for a DVD or something.
>

He said it was being filmed on the Friday night too, I wonder...

such a good show
 ThunderCat 24 Apr 2012
In reply to Mr Powly:

Nice to hear it was good...I've got tickets to see him on Sunday in Salford.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...