UKC

Pik Komsomol, Ala Archa, Kyrgyzstan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 24 Apr 2012
I'll be in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, very briefly in late May and was hoping to get out for a day trip to Ala Archa. Any one have any info about Pik Komsomol/Komsomoletz peak? It seems to be relatively accessible and presumably non-technical, possibly even manageable as an ambitious day trip from Bishkek? My time is extremely limited but I would like to do more than just walk up the valley from the roadhead. Any info gratefully received.
 Sari Nevala 24 Apr 2012
In reply to Removed Usersimongwyn:

Hi,

yes you can do a day-trip from Bishkek to Ala Archa, but then use a taxi and ask the same taxi to pick you up in the evening (there is no taxis in Ala Archa). It takes about 3-4 hours for a fit person (without rucksack) to walk to the mountain base (I guess if you are fell runner you could run) and then another 4-5 hours to Peak Uchitel (4526m). I think the peak you mentioned is a lower peak of Peak Uchitel (not sure). If you are fit enough (and can manage the altitude!!!) you should climb Peak Uchitel - it is literally a walk on gravel and snow (no glacier) - and it is a common peak for trekkers to climb. Just hope for good weather and no snow on the path to get you lost..

Some information about Ala Archa is here:
http://alpinefund.org/Ala-Archa%20guide.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...