UKC

What shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lee birtwistle 24 Apr 2012
Hi all

I've been looking at buying some shoes with cleats. I have had a look around but there are not many places that seem to have much stock - they order them in.
I have been looking at the Shimano ones amongst others but am open to suggestions and suppliers.

Ta
 Liam M 24 Apr 2012
In reply to lee birtwistle: Where are you based? There are loads of stores that keep a decent stock around here, so maybe if people know where you are they can recommend somewhere to try.
 DaveHK 24 Apr 2012
In reply to lee birtwistle:
Shimano are good and reasonably priced but the sizing is funny. Depending on the model expect to go up 1 or possibly 2 euro sizes.
 LastBoyScout 24 Apr 2012

What's your budget and what do you want them for - road or mountain bike?
 LastBoyScout 24 Apr 2012

Incidentally, I've had good fun with Evans - order what you like online with free delivery, try them out at home and if you don't like them, you can just return them to your nearest branch without having to pay return postage.

Winner
 balmybaldwin 24 Apr 2012

What type of shoes? Road or MTB?

Having recently bought a pair, I think it is essential that you make the effort to visit a few different shops to try the different makes to ensure you get a correct fit.

I tried at least 6 makes, and different shoes by each make, and found 2 that fited OK, and one that fitted like a glove (Northwave)

Just because someone found a shoe was good doesn't mean it will be good for you, as feet differ so much. - This will be less of a problem with MTB shoes, but you should still consider it if you want to get the best out of your cleats

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...