UKC

Tirpentwys South Wales all routes now open again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Bowen 24 Apr 2012
Just a heads up to anyone who's interested, as of today all the routes are now back open again after the vandalism that took place last year.
I have been re cleaning a number of routes to the left so watch out for a bit of dirt etc.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=8695&refresh=5852

thanks,
Paul
 James_86 24 Apr 2012
Thanks for the update and all your work sorting the crag!!
OP Paul Bowen 25 Apr 2012
In reply to James_86:

thanks and no problem
In reply to Paul Bowen: Good for you. Was it ever established who did the damage?

I've only been a couple of times and more or less done everything but it's a lovely venue and deserves to be popular especially with those climbing in the 6's.

Al
In reply to Gaston Rubberpants:

No it wasn't, the bmc access rep spoke to the landowner and the farmer they didn't admit to it so could have been someone with a grudge, perhaps a bird watcher?? i don't know, what i do know it must have taken a while and a ladder to remove 3 hangers from most routes and then smash the studs
 stujamo 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Paul Bowen: Thanks for your hard work Paul,had a great day up there last weekend. Shall be contributing to the bolt fund v.soon,going to check out Crymlin too!
Stu
In reply to stujamo:

thanks, for crumblin you'd better wait for the weather to improve! it can seep and be a bit dark and dreary
 Stone Muppet 25 Apr 2012
That's good news. Does the landowner not mind climbing there then?
In reply to Stone Muppet:
Officially they mind but that's all about liability, that's why they put up the no climbing signs.... unofficially they can't be asked... that's what i've been lead to believe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...