UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Ondra onsight-redpoint-flashes 9a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Adam Ondra, 3 kbThis morning, 25 April, Brett Lowell posted on Facebook, Adam Ondra had basically onsighted a 9a at Oliana. Obviously, this caught my attention, so I asked Adam about it.
Here's what he says about it:

I did this link-up called Joe-cita [9a] first go. The firts part of Joe Blau, before it joins...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67077
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: NICE!!!! It was only a matter of time for Ondra, but still brilliant! Frikkin Beast!
 grant727 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Bring on the Realisation flash.
 Fraser 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Undoubtedly great climbing, but seriously, "onsight-redpoint-flashes"? Do we need this classification, can't we just wait for a 'simple' onsight?
 HeMa 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Nice,

But is this even news anymore. I mean to be honest, there really isn't a week when Ondra hasn't done something really stellar and/or ground breakin'.
 Ben Briggs 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: I like how he describes the 8b part as easy!
 GrahamD 25 Apr 2012
In reply to HeMa:

I'm still surprised he hasn't yet done what people will view as the undisputed hardest route yet. Maybe he just hasn't found it yet ?
MarkM 25 Apr 2012
In reply to GrahamD:
Sounds from the report that he 'may' have found it (La dura dura) but not completed it yet...
 nikk44 25 Apr 2012
In reply to HeMa: Of course it is news. I agree it would be nice to have a few more people giving him a run for his money, but as long as Ondra is leading the pack then each time he moves the game forward it's newsworthy.
 alan_davies 25 Apr 2012
In reply to Fraser: I french-free dog ground-upped my big project last week (matt-less) and no coverage at all.........
 thommi 25 Apr 2012
In reply to nikk44: agreed. 9a, (practically) onsight is news.big news. well done ondrawad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...