UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Sasha Digiulian repeats Era bella, 9a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sasha Digiulian is happy after climbing Era Bella, 9a, 5 kbSasha Digiulian, who is back in Catalunya, has done her second 9a by repeating Chris Sharma's Era Bella at Margalef.
Sasha got very close to doing it last time she was there in March, but after falling close to the top, she decided to take a rest day.
Then the weather turned bad and she wasn't...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67078
 Scarab 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

First woman on a 9A?
 GDes 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Scarab: No. It's this ladies second 9a, and Josune Berz.... (Basque lady) did one a few years ago
 GrahamD 26 Apr 2012
In reply to GDes:

One in the US recently as well wasn't there ?
 Morgan Woods 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Scarab:

this is her second.
 Quiddity 26 Apr 2012
In reply to GDes:

Josune Bereziartu.

Also Alizee Dufraisse recently did an 8c+/9a in Siurana ( vimeo.com/40396466
 Morgan Woods 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Morgan Woods:

and well done anyway....maybe there is something special about those nano technology, negative ion scam bracelets :p
 JKinsella 26 Apr 2012

Era Bella does have something to do with the name! According to Big Up on Facebook:

"regarding name of the route, either one works. When we filmed Chris on first ascent he told us Era Bella, named after the title of his house, so we ran it that way. But later he realized the house was actually called Era Vella, he just forgot. haha, whatever. "

Nic 26 Apr 2012

First 9a done wearing only one rock boot?
 gallam1 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Nic:
and having one of thoe grafted on feet from a dead person.
 Robert Durran 26 Apr 2012
In reply to Nic:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC)
>
> First 9a done wearing only one rock boot?

Crag looks a pile of choss too....

Ian Bentley 27 Apr 2012
Vid of working it: vimeo.com/41085872
Enjoy!
 Brendan 27 Apr 2012
In reply to JKinsella: I love that climbing an amazing new F9a is so mundane for Sharma that he can't be bothered naming it properly!
In reply to Brendan:
> (In reply to JKinsella) I love that climbing an amazing new F9a is so mundane for Sharma that he can't be bothered naming it properly!

Or more likely he was too stoned to remember where he lives?
 Rob15 27 Apr 2012
In reply to north country boy: hahaha
jonjupiter 29 Apr 2012

Here is what I found. Thought I had to post this as some of the recent comments seemed to take away a little of the incredible things other women have achieved during the last years.

Josune Bereziartu (Bain de Sang ~8c+/9a, Logical Progression 9a & Bimbaluna 9a/+)
Charlotte Durif (PPP, 9a) - sceptics have accused her of lying with this ascent, but she is obviously well capable of climbing at top level and also published a (unfortunately nut uncut) video of her on the route.
Sasha Digiulian (Pure Imagination 9a & Era vella 9a)
Alizee Dufraisse (La Reina Mora 8c+/9a? - not really confirmed at that grade)
 Cheshire Dave 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: The footage of her trying the route is extraordinary! The downside is I can see a day arriving where a first ascent won't be credited unless you've got a one-shot video of it like this, from bottom to top!
 Brendan 01 May 2012
In reply to north country boy:

Haha, that makes it even more impressive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...