UKC

Eastern peak campsite near pub

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 27 Apr 2012
Anyone got any good recommendations for good eastern peak campsites within 10 mins walk of a nice pub and not too far from the main crags?

Cheers,
Stevo
 antdav 27 Apr 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: Hardhurst farm, pub food not too great though but cheap site, awesome free hot showers and bacon baps in the morning.
OP CurlyStevo 27 Apr 2012
In reply to antdav:
ta - any other recommendations?
 d_b 27 Apr 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:

There used to be a very basic camp site a couple of doors down from the Three Stags Heads in Wardlow Mires. Good for limestone country, though slightly less convenient for grit.
 Dan Arkle 27 Apr 2012
Eric Byrne campsite near Birchen Edge. Basic, close to pub and crag.
 ripper 27 Apr 2012
In reply to Dan Arkle:
> Eric Byrne campsite near Birchen Edge. Basic, close to pub and crag.

yep great if you don't the long trek from the car park
 ripper 27 Apr 2012
In reply to antdav:
> (In reply to CurlyStevo) Hardhurst farm, pub food not too great though but cheap site, awesome free hot showers and bacon baps in the morning.

not stayed there for a few years now but I liked Hardhurst too. If the pub food is not great you could always nip down the road to the Littlejohn
 tompilgrem 27 Apr 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: Hardhurst farm is good site, stay there regulary. Pub's not brilliant so often walk to Hope in the evenings, good pubs there and a great curry house! (curry cabin).
Joanna7 03 May 2012
Hi Stevo

I know you're looking for a campsite but we have a newly renovated holiday cottage to let - have a look at simonscottage.com for more information. 2 minute walk from excellent pub/restaurants. Situated on the edge of the Peak District.

Let me know if you need more information.
Kind regards

Joanna
 Max factor 03 May 2012
In reply to ripper:
> (In reply to antdav)
> [...]
>
If the pub food is not great you could always nip down the road to the Littlejohn

And that helps how exactly?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...