UKC

Short video filmed on Saturday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 odox 02 May 2012
I'm really just getting into videography as a hobby. This is my first 'real' attempt at filming a few short problems in Northumberland last Saturday. The weather was average, poor lighting and an overcast sky certainly didn't help but overall i'm pleased with the footage and more importantly learnt a lot!

vimeo.com/41320938
 lummox 02 May 2012
In reply to odox: why was your lid hanging from your harness ??
 gd303uk 02 May 2012
In reply to odox: good music, but what is going on with the shots of you stuck under a roof at 4:40 and 3:26, they remind me of a David Lynch film, where bob appears.
nice enough film though
 Andy Hardy 02 May 2012
In reply to odox:

Minor point: should the bouldering grades have Ft before them (or is this something that all boulderers 'just know'.

Another point: Your boulderer was wearing a T-Shirt and not wearing a beanie. I thought this was against the law.
OP odox 02 May 2012
In reply to lummox: Excellent question. It wasn't me though

In reply to gd303uk: He was stuck in that position for a while, I've edited the video to make it look much worse! Agreed the music is great, Michael Kiwanuka check him out!

In reply to 999thAndy: I used the guides out of the guidebook, agreed it's certainly against the law. He didn't even take his top off, shocker.
 mike123 02 May 2012
In reply to odox: i liked the bouldering footage and i liked the music. i was nt so sure about the switching between the two tracks though. one then the other for me. but what do i know. good attempt though and all credit for posting it.
Andy Nelson 04 May 2012
In reply to odox: Good cuts between shots around 3:00 on pipestrelle.
One point, having titles on screen when the camera is moving draws attention to camera movement. Better to use a steady camera section of footage or to try to move the title so it appears fixed in the scene. (possible using frames in FCP)

Good tunes.
OP odox 04 May 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: Thanks for the tip about the text, I didn't think of moving it around with the scene. I've just invested in a fluid head so hopefully the shots will be smoother next time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...