UKC

NEWS: Swiss Font 8C for Dave MacLeod

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 May 2012
Dave MacLeod on Ben Nevis, where he famously completed the hardest traditional rock climb in the world, the ungraded Echo Wall., 3 kbScottish trad, sport and winter climber Dave MacLeod has just climbed the Daniel Woods Font 8C Mystic Stylez in Magic Wood, Switzerland.
This ascent follows on from his recent ascents of other hard Swiss boulder problems; Conquistador Direct 8B/+, and New Base Line 8B+.

Dave has written his...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67117
 Puppythedog 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: Just such an impressive chap. Nice one Dave.
 PeterJuggler 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: How many Brits have climbed Font 8c / V15 now? Gaskins, Landman, MacLeod. others?
 RBonney 14 May 2012
In reply to PeterJuggler:
> (In reply to UKC News) How many Brits have climbed Font 8c / V15 now? Gaskins, Landman, MacLeod. others?

Mickey Page
 JimboWizbo 14 May 2012
In reply to PeterJuggler: Chris Webb Parsons has climbed at that level hasn't he?
 galpinos 14 May 2012
In reply to JimboWizbo:
> (In reply to PeterJuggler) Chris Webb Parsons has climbed at that level hasn't he?

Is he not classed as an Aussie? He competes under the Aussie flag I think.
 GDes 14 May 2012
It would be quite surprising if some of Dan Varian's hard problems turn out to be less than continental 8C wouldnt it?
 Toccata 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Is there anyone else who has climbed V15/E11(12)/F9a+/Scottish 11/M? (hard I suspect)?

Really, truly impressive.
In reply to Toccata:

Has DM really climbed F9a+?

Either way I rather doubt it, though you never know what some unsung guide-type character might not have done.

jcm
 Scarab 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:

One criticism that Ive heard on Dave before is that his climbing has mainly been Uk and thus difficult to compare to other top climbers... well, thats boshed now!
 ericinbristol 14 May 2012
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

AFAIK he has not but has done A Muerte 9a
 Mark Bull 14 May 2012
In reply to Toccata:
> M? (hard I suspect)?

At least M12 (Good Training for Something at Newtyle).

Mr Fuller 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: Pretty damn impressive. I wonder if Dave's undergraded some of his own routes if he's getting up this 8C in "probably... 8 sessions"... Some of his problems in Scotland take him weeks/months! Do you think that's due to him training specifically for this trip, or is it that his problems back home are just simply harder than 8C?!

Some of those foreign bouldery chaps need to come and see how they cope with Dave's Scottish problems, and maybe they can try some of Gaskins' megabeasts at the same time.
 GrahamD 14 May 2012
In reply to Mr Fuller:

Scottish weather might play a part of course !
 Mr Fuller 14 May 2012
In reply to GrahamD: Good point indeed, though I'm not sure the conditions were that good for him here, either! Maybe he's so used to crap weather that he can turn it on quickly when the conditions come good.
 Reach>Talent 14 May 2012
In reply to Mark Bull:
Has he flashed M12, I'm sure there is some footage on Fistfull of Steel?
 thommi 14 May 2012
In reply to PeterJuggler: Dan varian? Martin smith? Malc? Pete robbins? Chris Davies (maybe?)
 doylo 14 May 2012
In reply to thommi:

no
 thommi 15 May 2012
In reply to doylo: to all? or just chris?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...