UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: James Ibbertson at Caley - Yorkshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 May 2012
James Ibbertson at Caley, 4 kbIn this new video from Boreal we see James Ibbertson in action at the classic Yorkshire Gritstone venue of Caley.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67119
 JimboWizbo 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: E4 7C? Is that a british/french combination?
On.it 14 May 2012
In reply to JimboWizbo: no, its brittish tech. 7c move is off the ground. Pretty gnarly eh? not the softest of E4s!
 JimboWizbo 14 May 2012
In reply to On.it: Bloody 'ell
Smiler H 14 May 2012
In reply to On.it: I think Jimbo is more on the money. It's E4/font 7c.

I partly think that because UK 7b is a fairly rare grade, and I have never heard of UK 7c though I guess if there were to be any, they'd be on the grit.

Also The Great Flake and Psycho, which got trad drades on the vid weregraded without the '/' in between the E-grade and the tech, whereas that was graded E4/7c... However, I may well be wrong and it still looks desperate!

A great little vid, I well wanna go do Psycho!

Smiler
 GrahamD 14 May 2012
In reply to Smiler H:

> I partly think that because UK 7b is a fairly rare grade, and I have never heard of UK 7c though I guess if there were to be any, they'd be on the grit.

I doubt it ! More likely on something like Hubble.
In reply to GrahamD:

According to BM they'd be on that little buttress to the right of End of the Affair and so on, shurely?

jcm
 GrahamD 14 May 2012
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

How about Violent New Breed, then ? of moves on routes that have actually been done rather than postulated about that is ?
In reply to UKC News:

I can only dream. I could also do with losing a few lbs too.
 PeteH 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Quality video! Nice aesthetics, well edited, good use of choons. Me likey.

Mind you, he makes Great Flake look piss!

Pete.
 Steve Perry 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: A very pleasant video, well made.
 Si dH 14 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Really like these Boreal videos, very well done and some good footage. The guy who makes them should do a full length film when he's finished.
 sam@work 15 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: great video , make me want to go to caley . . .
Nick Meek 15 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: Great video James. You make Great Flake look to easy!!
 gsum 15 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: 5 star video but why pollute it with over-loud, over-compressed musak?
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent video, Mr Ibbertson can certainly climb with great style. Caley is more "green" than I remember.
axe4157 15 May 2012
Literally one of the Grittiest climbers out there.. Real nice raw vid and epic climbing James!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...