UKC

Simple no frills type rucksack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Carter 17 May 2012
I have a Bergahus Sliptream rucksack, which is pretty awesome. It's really durable, and effectively just a bag with shoulder straps. It's 37L.

I'm wanting to find something similar, but smaller, maybe around say 15-20L just for when I don't need such a big sack and a bit lighter. As it'll only be used be walking mainly it doesn't need to be so durable.

Any top recommendations?
 Gordonbp 17 May 2012
In reply to Richard Carter:
I have a Podsac Granite 16 which is basically a bag with straps! (You can bet a whole lot into it aswell!)
http://www.podsacs.com/packs_granite16.html
 Gordonbp 17 May 2012
In reply to Gordonbp:
Whoops! that should be GET not "bet"!
 steev 17 May 2012

Alpkit's do a 20l Gourdon that sounds like your cup of tea. Only £20 iirc.
 alooker 17 May 2012
In reply to Richard Carter: +1 for taking a look at the gourdon, either 20 or 25l. It's pretty durable, especially for day walks etc
 jonoh 18 May 2012
In reply to steev: Yep agree , had mine a couple of years now , ideal for summer climbing and walking
 Dave 88 18 May 2012

Another vote for the Gourdon. Fantastic bit of kit.
 Damo 18 May 2012

Lowe Alpine used to make a decent very small sac, also Exped too, I think.

I have a Gourdon 25 and a 30. I think the 25 is a generous 25 and more suitable for that type of sac. The 30 is OK but maybe just a tad big for such a simple design - hangs low and back a bit, proportionally fat.

The 25 is a bit better proportioned, imo. It may not speak so highly of me ...
 the power 18 May 2012
In reply to Richard Carter: I'd recommend the alpkit. I've used my 25L this week for multi pitch in wales and its great
 GrahamD 18 May 2012

Pretty much any of the budget outdoor shops have some good looking sacs by the likes of Karrimor. GO Outdoors had a HiGear no frills bag for about £20 which I think I would have bought if I was in that market at the moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...