UKC

NEWS: Fourth Round of World Cup - 3 Brits In Finals

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 May 2012
Shauna Coxsey (2nd)  Anna Stoehr (1st)  and Melissa Le Neve (3rd) at Innsbruck 2012, 4 kbThe GB Bouldering team climbed exceptionally well last weekend at the Innsbruck world cup.

Three team members made the finals, and Shauna Coxsey came a fantastic second place.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67144

In reply to UKC News: And 6 Brits in the various finals at the Euro Youth Cup at Ratho. Not too shoddy.
 adie84 24 May 2012
In reply to Graeme Alderson: It was fantastic to look at the IFSC website at the weekend and see GBR 9 times in the two events finals! Go Team GB.
 Furanco C 24 May 2012
In reply to UKC News: Shame I missed this, it was meant to have been really good. Congratulations to all those involved.
In reply to Juran C: Udo Neumann's video report is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJasGzybnsQ&feature=share

And IFSC.tv highlights are here www.ifsc.tv

Enjoy
 Furanco C 24 May 2012
In reply to Graeme Alderson: (I meant the actual event- I live in IBK..
 Jonny2vests 24 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Can someone explain in a sentence or two how the World Cup thing works? Best scores over a set of events?
 DrGav 25 May 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome effort! Love it.
 adie84 28 May 2012
In reply to jonny2vests:

At the end of each event each competitor gets ranking points according to their position in the comp. 100 points for 1st, 80 for 2nd, 65 for 3rd and so on.

These points are then added together to give an overall ranking. In a year like 2012 when there are 6 comps. in the Boulder World Cup, 5 events count, so your top five scores count towards your ranking at the end of the season, the climber with the most points wins!

Shauna C is currently ranked in 3rd position overall with 270 points, only 26 points behind Anna Stohr in 1st! Should be a great end to the season!

Cheers

Rob

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...