UKC

THE LOWDOWN: VIDEO: Dave MacLeod, New Base Line, 8B+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dave MacLeod on New Base Line, 8B+, Magic wood, Switzerland, 4 kbIn this video, Dave MacLeod repeats Bernd Zangerl's classic New Base Line at Magic Wood in the Averstal, Switzerland.
Originally given 8C, this problem is more or less considered as a benchmark 8B+, which shouldn't be confused with a British benchmark 8B+ as that, quite obviously, would be...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67145
Craig Smith 24 May 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Great bit of climbing their my friend.

Well done.

C
 Lone Rider 24 May 2012
In reply to Craig Smith: Do you think he's a bit happy?

Now for a cup of tea.
 jas wood 24 May 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: World class dave, brilliant video and you can't help but be inspired :O)
 Fishmate 24 May 2012
In reply to jas wood:

Indeed Jas. Feeling down?, project going nowhere?, all getting a bit too much?

Just watch a bit of Dave and feel the love
gritstoner 25 May 2012
> [..] British benchmark 8B+ as that, quite obviously, would be considerably harder.

Riiiight. Isn't it reassuring to know that visiting top climbers never manage to, say, onsight our benchmark hard grit routes?

Personally I blame the weather - you basically need to live here for a few months at least to get some quality time on your project of choice.
 Wft 25 May 2012
In reply to gritstoner: it's hard to tell (not hard to tell) but I do believe Bjorn is being sarcastic.
 Jimbo C 25 May 2012

Beast. Dave is looking on top form.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 25 May 2012
In reply to GuyVG: A little tongue in cheek maybe, sarcastic no.
 Arms Cliff 26 May 2012
In reply to gritstoner:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC)

> Personally I blame the weather - you basically need to live here for a few months at least to get some quality time on your project of choice.

Sounds like Dave had pretty shitty weather in Magic Wood by all accounts. All grit routes are dead easy compared to the Font 8B+ boulder problems.
 Reach>Talent 26 May 2012
In reply to Arms Cliff:
Out of interest what sort of font grade would the grit routes flashed by team America get?

Looks like a nice problem in the video, really enjoyed it but I'm now craving some tea and don't have any in the house

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...