UKC

Neil Bentley's spinal injury charity challenge

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Foundry Climbing Centre 24 May 2012
I am raising funds for Aspire (www.aspire.org.uk). They help people after spinal cord injury. A couple of years ago I sustained damage to my cervical spine due to a crash on my bicycle (this probably added to damage already there from a climbing accident on the Marmolada in the Dolomites a few years before that!). Following surgery I have been very lucky, avoiding serious spinal cord injury.

Aspire offer support and help to people after spinal cord injury. I have been looking for an opportunity to raise money for Aspire now that I am back to fitness. So this June 30th I will be taking part in an event to cycle from the West to East coasts, Seascale (Cumbria) to Whitby in a day - in under 12 hours I hope!

So if you would like to read more about why I am doing this and sponsor me please go to
http://www.justgiving.com/neil-bentley2

OR you can text a donation by texting to 70070 then text:

HTDU82 £?

(You can choose an amount from either £1, £2, £3, £4 , £5 or £10)

Thank you!

JH74 24 May 2012
In reply to Neil Bentley:

Well done Neil. Not that I necessarily should have but I didn't know you were seriously injured again! I remember reading about the climbing accident several years ago and a nice piece about your return to the climbing wall in a magazine.

Anyway, good luck and all the best! Julius
 john arran 24 May 2012
In reply to Neil Bentley:

Having not seen this on the main forum page I was looking for it as I thought it could use a bump to reach more people. Sometimes it seems Premier Post status may actually end up reducing a post's visibility.

Apart from that am I alone in thinking supporting the charitable efforts of people you know and admire (and when you feel sure your donations won't be used to fund the collection process) is the most fulfilling way to give to charity? Just seems very much more 'real world' than putting quids in boxes on the high street.

Nice one Neil, and very glad to hear you're 'back to fitness'.
In reply to JH74: Thanks for your donation Julius, its much appreciated!
In reply to john arran:

Thanks for the generous donation John. I will probably post again on the 'off belay'forum nearer the event. I am in training when I can on the bike though the climbing is a little neglected ....! Cheers

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...